Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing Truvelo....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Truvelo....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Missing Truvelo.... Reply with quote

I only subscribed yesterday and was looking forward to a reasurring bleep when approaching speed cameras. Imagine my surprise when the nearest Truvelo speed camera to my home address (On the A508 between the M1 junction 15 and Roade village) never even mustered a whimper as I passed it by. My Tom Tom One was completely oblivious to the camera that has been there for years. It can't be a programming error because it readily acknowledges the next Truvelo on the other side of the village a mile further down the road. What explaination is there for this Question
andyuk99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing to do is report the camera ... strange it is not in the DB
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explanation - It's not in the database. Simple really. Sumit it as recommended and if you are the first once verified you'll get a free lifetime mebership.

Remember the datbase will never be 100% as cameras are put up and taken down all the time. Some also take long to verify than others.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report it quickly. If you are the first then You will get free life membership
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Chris_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Best to run two systems, that way ure covered!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Chris_UK wrote:
Best to run two systems, that way ure covered!
How so? If both systems are missing the camera then neither will warn you Exclamation

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
adamsk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I start............I am a beginner at this and I have a similar question about cameras that have been in the same position for years!!

On the 12th June I reported that GATSO2875@40, which is on the A22 at Halland in East Sussex, had been removed from the database. This camera is not far from my home and I drive pass it frequently. I say "removed" because it used to be in the old free versions of the database.

Firstly, I assume that someone must have reported that the camera had been removed and secondly, that someone else subsequently verified that the camera had been removed. Except it has not been removed. It is still there and has been there for some years, so how can this happen? At first I thought ok, these things happen. But on reflection, how do they happen? And do they happen frequently?

I have no gripe with paying for the camera database and I appreciate that as with any database, errors can creep in. I just want to understand the process used to verify submissions. Who repored that the camera on the A22 at Halland had been removed and who "verified" the supposed removal? Are the procedures for verifiying the removal of a camera different to those used for adding a camera? I ask because it would seem that it is better to leave a "removed" camera in the database until absolute verification has been made.

thanks
Keith
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamsk wrote:
Before I start............
I'm afraid that cameras will accidently get deleted. That's life Exclamation Please, as has already been suggested, submit the details/location of your camera, in the hope that it gets added back in again. I hope you won't take offence, but given that you are a relative newcomer, are you sure that this is a speed camera and not some other traffic monitoring device?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
adamsk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken.

You are correct that I am a newcomer to this forum, regretably, I am not a newcomer to the camera in question! I can assure you that this is a real working Gatso that has been there for many years and that it was included in the earlier free versions of the database. So I think my question asking who submitted a deletion request and who verified the deletion is a fair and valid question.

As my post said, I had already submitted this camera. It was after doing this that I began to think how can a camera be deleted? Hence my post. You said that "cameras will accidently get deleted". I understand this may be the case but I still do not think it unreasonable to want to know how this camera came to be deleted from the database. Was it an accident or deliberate based on a submission/verification?

Thanks
Keith
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question....
adamsk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Good question....

Hi Andy

I would like to have the question answered by the database administrators but I am not sure how I direct the question at them. You clearly have more experience of this forum, can you assist?

Thanks
Keith
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think you will get your answer for sure but i would resubmit it i keep a folder with all cams i add so i know when thay have been added you can also make a set of your own poi's so if its not in update you will still get a warning of your own thats what i do as i still got 5 that are not on update
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I do the same....
When the new version comes out I check all mine against it. Used to be I could then delete them all each month, but now I have to keep quite a few from month to month Crying or Very sad
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version came out yesterday. Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: