Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2210 & HI303E Sats will not lock
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2210 & HI303E Sats will not lock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
O
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: 2210 & HI303E Sats will not lock Reply with quote

I am having trouble with my GPS system, i have a 2210 PDA and a CF GPS (Haicom HI-303E). when you start the GPS Satellite system (Tom Tom) and look at how strong your signal is, it will pick up 3,4 or 5 satellites but after about 5 seconds they will drop off but then they will came back (outdoors) it will keep on doing this but wont lock on, it is the same if i run the Haicom software (GPS Info), I have had it working for a short while in the beginning but for some reason it has stop locking on, i thought it might be a software conflict so i hard reset my PDA but still the same.

Help!!

Has anyone come across this before.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold the PPC horizontal and see if that makes a difference.

Also does it ever get a lock outside ? If you're getting 4 or more sats then you should obtain a 3D fix. If sat signals are dropping off when you go inside the car you may have an athermic windscreen and require a re-radiating antenna.
O
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: 2210 & HI - 303E not locking Reply with quote

Thanks for a quick responce.

I have tried it outside in clear line of sky and moved the CF GPS in various positions but unfortunatly i still can not get it to lock.

Do you think it may be faulty

Have you got any other ideads????
kiwiruss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: same thing here too Reply with quote

My ipaq's a 5455 but the gps is the haicom 303e and
although its detecting 4 sats at least, its not getting a lock, even after minutes and minutes.

Im thinking mine is dud too.
kiwiruss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: byby h303e ello h303s Reply with quote

Ive replaced my h303e with the h303s and the difference is amazing.

Its working flawlessly, getting a cold start fix in around 30 seconds and seeing 6-8 satellites regularly.

Costs a little more but its worth it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: