Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bug on icn 530 setting speed limit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug on icn 530 setting speed limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Bug on icn 530 setting speed limit Reply with quote

Guys,

Can anyone check the icn 530s for this bug? I've triple checked this to make sure I'm not going mad...

After upgrading to icn 530 SP1, I set the speed limit warning in to 85 MPH, but when I was driving it kept bleeping at 55 MPH. Now 85 KPH is approx 55 MPH? Anyway, then I tried setting and saving the speed limit at 80 MPH and exited using ESC and then went back into the menu it said the speed limit was set to 75 MPH?

A few other tests confirmed this. Whatever I set the speed limit for, after saving and exiting and coming back into the menu it's always 5MPH less than what I set it for before exiting the menu...

Does anyone else with a icn 530 confirm this?
Home 2.7.3.1894
smoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mojo

I have found a similar thing.

Basically it seems you can't set it above 75, its seems to give a warning if you go over that speed by 5mph....

Will test more later today when im on the road.
bruceferguson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same problem with the speed warning. The limit warning pops up at 5mph below the set speed limit, for example:

I set the speed limit (under Preferences/Saftety Alerts/Safety) to 65mph and then save, as soon as my speed hits 66mph the limit warning pops up but diplays the 60mph icon Confused rather than 65.

What I have noticed is that despite saving the speed limit at 65mph it changes to 60 when you go back into the Safety preference, this appears to happen with any speed (ie set it to 55 and aftrer returning to the preference it reverts to 50, set it to 70 and it reverts to 65), but still does not pop up until it goes 1mph over your original set speed.
smoose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, tested lots yesterday, there definatly seems to be a bug in the software.

You set the speed to 75 and save. It then changes the value to 70 after exiting the screen. If you go over 75 it pops the warning icon up saying 70 !!!!! This seems to happen at what ever speed you chose. So its working in the sense that the desired speed is activated, but screen notification is incorrect.

Guess this needs to be fed back to navman for a service fix.
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How strange, but I'm glad it's not only my icn530 that's doing it (well I'm not glad that everyone's icn 530 is bugged, but you guys know what I mean Smile ).

Now I wonder if any other model of Navman is doing the same thing? I'll have to set my icn550 to test.
Home 2.7.3.1894
bruceferguson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Now I wonder if any other model of Navman is doing the same thing? I'll have to set my icn550 to test.

The 520 works fine having ran it along side the 530. With the 520 and 530 both having the same interface and prosumably databases (POI) why is there so many bugs in the 530 Surprised
bruceferguson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:

The 520 works fine having ran it along side the 530. With the 520 and 530 both having the same interface and prosumably databases (POI) why is there so many bugs in the 530 Surprised
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

530 runs on SmartST 2006 core so obviously there's a bug there... I've emailed Navman but no reply yet!
Home 2.7.3.1894
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bruceferguson"]
Mojo wrote:
why is there so many bugs in the 530 Surprised

What bugs? Except for this one, all other complaints in this forum are either about missing features/features not working as someone expected, or with map data/POIs.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: