Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT customer service - another delay in TT6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT customer service - another delay in TT6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Private
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: TT customer service - another delay in TT6 Reply with quote

Another delay in the launch of TT6!! Evil or Very Mad Sad Exclamation Question Exclamation

Is it just my opinion or is TT customer service the worst you have ever seen?
It's a pitty that a company that offers such a good product has such bad service!!!!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do mean another delay customer support wont know when the next version is due all they will kno is what there told im afraid.

compaies usually keep things like this close to there chest

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Private
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comments regarding their customer service is not only based on the delay in TT6. This is just another example. Getting acurate info from TT about ANYTHING, even solutions to problems and bugs with their product is like pulling teeth! Every single time I've contacted TT directly in the past (about a wide variety of issues) they've given me inacurate or extremely vague information - thank god for this forum - this is were I'm able to find the solutions that TT can't or wont give me!

As for the delay, the site initialy informed that TT6 would come out the 2nd quarter of 2006 now all of a sudden its the 3rd quarter.

I guess I'm just a bit frustrated seeing TT dedicate most of it's time to the all in one nav. systems when I definately prefer the PDA version. In my opinion here are just a few advantages of the PDA version:

- Better portability - if you're like me you always carry around the PDA;

- You have all your information (contacts, schedule, music, photos, etc etc) in one place and you can easily access it when in the car;

- If properly installed it even looks better in the car!!

But like I said maybe the problem is only with me!!! Sad
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private wrote:

But like I said maybe the problem is only with me!!! Sad

No, i also see it the same way.

The Problem is that TT earns a hell of money with the Stand-Alone-Products. If you take a look on the TT-Homepage http://www.tomtom.com/investor/reports.php?Language=1 and look at the figures you can see why they put everything in the GO-Versions.

Who cares bout customer-needs - Its the Marketing-Departement that tells the customer what they need Wink

cu Peter
pendlemac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope68 wrote:
Who cares bout customer-needs - Its the Marketing-Departement that tells the customer what they need :wink:

cu Peter

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! :D

You wouldn't believe the fun I had trying to get a mobile without a camera, because, of course, everybody wants them on their phones. Yeah, right. There are a lot of jobs where a camera is a no-no but folk still want a mobile!
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel this way, why are you so keen to give them more money by upgrading to TT6? Why not just buy a product from a different manufacturer? There is plenty of choice these days.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a pitty that a company that offers such a good product has such bad service!!!!

I wouldnt say the product is any better than the competition. Like all these things it has good points and bad points. My dealings with TomTom and their dealers recently have put me off buying a later version. However it is dificult to establish whether a competing product is subjectively better or worse.

And of course it is cheaper to upgrade than it is to switch products unless they will give you a competitive upgrade.
sschelle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TT customer service - another delay in TT6 Reply with quote

Private wrote:
Another delay in the launch of TT6!! Evil or Very Mad Sad Exclamation Question Exclamation

Is it just my opinion or is TT customer service the worst you have ever seen?

Customer service probably didn't know that the product was being delayed, until someone in develpment officially told them so. That doesn't mean they're stupid or bad.

If you've ever been in a software development business, you'd know that last minute delays are the rule, not the exception.

That's just the way it is. FRankly, I'm surprised that they were allowed to say the even was a delay. Most customer service organizations are only allow to talk about released products and only after they've been released. So they were trying to be nice. Don't kill the messenger.
Wannabyourhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for a small software house and when I'm asked when the next release is due out I normally say Christmas - but never which one.
I too can't understand why pda's aren't more heavily pushed especially as some of the newest seem to have wireless access to the net, gps, telephones and cameras, the ability to have all that information with you is priceless.
vaioable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easy. Dont buy it. If you are keen to get the latest and greatest then wait until everyone else has found the bugs and then buy it. Just do a search for TT5 when that was first released.
With other companies now producing great nav products using upto date Maps why use TT?
TT3 had my house in it TT5 doesnt. TT6 will probably show the field that used to be there.
You will have options Fastest Route. Walking route.. and Horse and Cart route.

Look at the other (all of them) before giving any money to TT.

IMHO

Lee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: