Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Distorted voices when driving
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Distorted voices when driving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjs001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Distorted voices when driving Reply with quote

Hi People
After purchasing Tomtom go700 learning how to import poi's itinarys and cutom voices (even my own) I have now got a car!!!. To my dismay the directions, regardless of which voice I use are very slow and distoted Confused . It doesn't matter whether I put it in the docking station or not. The phone is working great (nokia n70) but I just can't suss this out. Again, appologies if this has been addressed Embarassed . And, thanks for all your help on my last question/questions. Lets see if we can sort this out by Monday Idea (I start my new job!). Laughing

Thanks in advance.
Wayne
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all can you check the sampling rate of any voice files you have created/ loaded, the ones for a mobile phone device should be at 16000Hz while for TomTom Navigator and the Go products the sample rate should be 22050Hz.
Also disable the POI's that you have loaded and set them up to use the Warn when near POI option instead, you will still get the allert that you want, but it doesn't tax the device as much as running with them al enabled.
If this doesn't fix it please come back and we will have another think - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Distorted voices when driving Reply with quote

wjs001 wrote:

After purchasing Tomtom go700 learning how to import poi's itinarys and cutom voices (even my own) I have now got a car!!!.

That really made me laugh, and I'm still smiling. Thanks!

Sorry you're having teething troubles though, are even the inbuilt voices slow, or just your own?

Oh, and good luck with the new job Smile
wjs001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys. Seems like it was a one off. Everything is working fine now. For some reason the first call I get after bluetooth connection does not like the microphone but even that sorts itself out after the first phone call. Good excuse to ignore Mrs wjs001 though. Take care y'all and happy naving, me thinks it won't be too long before I need your help again though. Thanks for everything.

Wayne.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: