Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Haicom 303-MMF Review?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Haicom 303-MMF Review?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisJones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Haicom 303-MMF Review? Reply with quote

Hi Dave and all at PocketGPS. In a previous posting, Dave mentioned a review on the 303 MMF that might be available during the week just gone. Can you tell me if the review is still under way and when it is likely to be posted? Any teasers that could be given...good option to go for? poor performance? excellent performance?

As I have said in previous posts, I plan to use the GPS in my car with TomTom2 and my Ipaq 2210 (which I think is superb!). I like the CF option because it does give me the ability to go roaming out of the car (although not likely to be a common occurance. My only walking is to and from the car park!). The Haicom 303 MMF appears to be my perfect solution.

Eager to go and spend my hard earned cash and actually find where I am going without trauling through maps.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Chris.
Revvin_Kevin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you with the review I'm afraid, but can tell you I have recently purchased the 303 MMF + TTN2 + iPaq 2210 as a bundle and have no complaints.

Your needs sound very similar to mine, mainly in car, but occasional hand held use plus portability from car to car to bike, etc. In this respect the 303 MMF seems to have it all covered. I use it as a mouse in my main car where it sits permanently powered on, ready to go. I was a bit worried about doing this before I bought it but was assured it will come to no harm.

I've 'played' with it as a hand held, just walking around my city centre and it had no problems picking up 5+ satellites. If rambling's your thing though, you'll need different maps - that's my next purchase, the OS series.

The 2210 is superb and the twin CF + SD slots will come in very useful, but you know that already. The weakest part of the whole setup seems to be Windows 2003 and MS active Sync, but I guess you know that anyway.

So I think your proposed system will do you admirably. good luck.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had hoped to have had the review up last week, but haven't been able to complete the review due to personal problems, most of my time has been taken up elsewhere this past two weeks.

The review is 95% complete, and will air this week for sure!
ChrisJones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks for replies Reply with quote

Just returned from a week at Centre Parcs so sorry for not showing my appreciation for your replies earlier.

I hope things are ok with you Dave and that your personal issues are sorted.

Look forward to reading the review. I can sense the monies already halfway out of my wallet ready to make that purchase!

Regards, Chris.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, should be sorted for the time being. We actually released the Haicom 303MMF review this week, the news page has been pretty busy, so it's scrolled down quite a way. Take a look at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/haicom303mmf.php
Rich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revvin_Kevin wrote:
The 2210 is superb and the twin CF + SD slots will come in very useful, but you know that already. The weakest part of the whole setup seems to be Windows 2003 and MS active Sync, but I guess you know that anyway.

What is the problem with Windows 2003 and MS active sync?

Cheers.Rich
Revvin_Kevin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Some programs, such as GPSassist don't work nicely with WM2003.
2. ActiveSync forces you to use MS Outlook which I don't like.
3. Both seem a bit 'quirky' and at times seem to have a mind of there own. eg. I added one appointment to my IPAQ on Friday and instead of adding it to my home pc ActiveSync deleted them both for no apparent reason!

Software is always a matter of personal preference, and I've always had a downer on MS products.
ChrisJones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Got my Haicom 303-MMF - and its great!! Reply with quote

Finally purchased a Haicom 303-MMF from gpsw.co.uk (actually went to there show room and made purchase in person). They were very helpful and happy to show me the product and discuss. Was a bit disappointed they didn't stock the car cig adapter for my Ipaq 2210 and the Haicom but they did offer to order it direft if I couldn't get from anywhere else. I am also awaiting the arrival of an Arkon vent mount and the aforementioned cable from GlobalPositioningSystems. Thanks to Grant who was amazingly helpful on the phone.

The Haicom is brilliant!! Only used in CF mode so far (awaiting arrival of cable tomorrow!) but in my VW Passat, always between 6 and 8 satellite lock, even with it sat on the front seat. This is my first involvement with GPS and the link to the TomTom software really has amazed me. I did know what it was going to do but actually experience it for the first time was very impressive. Ive spent all day driving people around just to show them how fantastic it all is (us newbies!!)

I wanted to thank Dave and everyone else who has suffered my questions over recent weeks. There is so much choice that for a persons first entry into GPS, PocketGPS has been a truly invaluable resource. I am sure I will still be returning daily to see all the latest goings on.

Thanks again to all....im off for my first long journey tomorrow. Cant wait!!

Regards, Chris. Thumbs Up
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, and good luck! Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: