Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Erased SD Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Erased SD Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Erased SD Card Reply with quote

Having got city navigator europe v8, decided to transfer a few maps to test if all was ok. I inadvertantly had the transflash card in that comes with the I3 (version 7). By transfering the maps, I have also deleted what was on the original card. Because I was waiting for the dvd to arrive before I sent off the original card to be updated to v8, I was wondering:
a. Is it still worth calling garmin to see if I can get an updated v8 card or are the uk maps the same on city navigator europe v8 , in which case just load them onto a card.

b. By transferring the maps onto the card, have I actually deleted them or would they be stored on my pc somewhere.
LaurieB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for reply. All seems to be working ok other than searching by post code. Is this normal using city navigator?
LaurieB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not give me an option to input postcode using the mapsource city navigator. I have read this in other threads. In the meantime I have sent original card to garmin to try and get free upgrade to v8 to use in uk. They told me I may have to pay £25. Not a lot of money I know, but if I could get the post code to work I would use the mapsource dvd.
Bunziboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted some important photos last year from an SD card. You could try Jessops camera stores. They can recover deleted files from SD cards but only if you haven't saved files to them. Alternatively you could buy the software. I can't remember the name of it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: