Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ICN 510 7 digit postcode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ICN 510 7 digit postcode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antsm1974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: ICN 510 7 digit postcode Reply with quote

Hi Sorry if this has been mentioned before.........

I emailed Navman support yesterday regarding any future software upgrades for the 510, and believe it or not, I got a reply today! But answer was not good.......... Sad Sad

Dear Sir

There will be no upgrade on the software for this model and no 7 digit postcode search available but we will be updating the maps on a regular basis.

Navman Store Support
+44 (0)1293 780 980
Arch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased several programs from ebay that claimed they would make the 510 have 7 digit postcode search. But none worked, so i installed totmtom 5 onto my 510 and it now has 7 digit postcode search, this is the only way i can think of of getting 7 digit postcode search onto the 510.

Archie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jon_ll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: ICN 510 7 digit postcode Reply with quote

Hi - I must admit I also bought a 7 postcode package from an ebay seller, it wasn't an application as such, but a load of files to drag into the "MY POI" directory on my 510.

I did that, some worked some didn't, I had a fiddle around, and now have 13/14 working and loaded up, and "active" - I use my 7 digit postcode search often, and it works like a dream.

Not all bad news!

:D
AndyT328
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after the many times that we, on this forum contacted Navman saying that we needed 7 digit postcode search they said "YES" but only if you buy A DIFFERENT Navman System Angry
They say they can update the maps ONLY if you pay for them BUT they then say in the same breath They won't be doing the 7 digit postcode Angry Angry
I believed that Navman was a superior product ,which is why I bought it,in the belief that they would of course at least match their business rivals for software etc...

HOW WRONG I WAS!!!!!!!! Angry

Would not recommend Navman to ANYONE I know.Taunt
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither would I.
dk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking along the lines of AndyT328 when I got my ICN520.Unfortunatly I soon found out that my navman really needed a 7 digit postcode search. (to find places on industrial estates etc) I tried the POI postcodes off Ebay but could not really get on with it.I think I will try a Tom Tom in the near future.
Could someone please tell me what is the equivalent to the Navman ICN530 in the TOM TOM range.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dk.
If it's Tom Tom you're after you won't go far wrong with the TT One.
My other half is using one and it's a blinding little unit.
I wouldn't touch the new range of x10's with a bargepole until they redesign their mount. At the moment all the leads plug into the mount e.g. power, external mike, TMC aerial etc and then the unit plugs into the base. (Although TMC aerial not available yet, how poor is that?).
Due to poor mount design my 910 lasted two weeks before it started dropping the power connection and rebooting when you went over a bump. So it was returned for a refund.
The TT One has the following features that are a synch to use:
1. Sirfstar 3 chipset.
2. 7 digit postcode.
3. Ability to make your own colour schemes for your maps (with the right software).
4. I had 42 custom celebrity voices on my 910 and all work on the ONE but don't fit on the SD card supplied. (good for a laugh).
5. PGPSW Speed cam database easier to install. Just copy and paste.
6. 39 ACtive POI's, so you can have all your speed warnings 'speed zoned'.

Needless to say it blows Navman clean out of the water.
I'm beginning to sound like a Tom Tom rep so I'll shut up now. Embarassed

On the downside compared to the 530, no maps of Europe but could be added as and when required.
TMC. spec says upgrade available, whatever that means.

I personally would have loved to have kept the 910 but the mount is a disaster. Crying or Very sad

CeeJay.
imlost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, i've been hanging onto my icn520 because i'd heard the impending update had a 7 digit postcode function, this really is a big plus point. If this isn't plaaned then I really think i'll be ebaying it and getting a tom tom now.
Its a shame because its only that and no route around option that lets it down.
Geoff

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: