Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom ONE 5.450 - Update May 2006
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom ONE 5.450 - Update May 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I thought the boot and os version had changed.
Perhaps this has made the system more stable... ?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I WANT VERSION 6 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
smpayne321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive my stupidity, but why does everybody want v6?
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone back to 5.42 now. I don't see the need for the brighter screen. I'd rather have my Vicky voice for POI warnings. When I went back, I noticed that the boot version did not go back to 3.30. Strange, but hey, it's all just numbers to me !

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smpayne321 wrote:
Forgive my stupidity, but why does everybody want v6?

The dream of wanting something just that little bit better.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a link to TomTom One v5.42 or 5.44 ?

Mate upgraded his TT1 a couple of days ago then asked me to put Speed cam Warnings on it as he liked how my TTGo performed.

Am having problems with modding the ttsystem file with TTN_POIEX10 f & g versions, and am thinking it may be down to running v5.45 therefore incompatible.

The above prog supposedly works with 5.42 and is Beta for 5.44 so need to downgrade the system software but do not have the file and there doesn't seem to be an active link on TomTom website.

He also, very helpfully, backed up his system, made sure his TT1 still worked ok, then promply re-backed up and overwrote the files. ????????

Any help appreciated.

Hirve
CavesOfTQLT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just add an update. For the first time since purchase my One has failed to start up when the power button is pressed. Had to use the reset hole to get it working again. Whether this is something to do with the new update I dunno, but I won't be impressed if it does it again whilst on holiday, and I don't really want to be lugging pins around to use as a reset tool. And, from what 999tommo says in his post above regarding the boot ID, changing back to the previous version may not solve it. Fingers are crossed that it was just a one-off.
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CavesOfTQLT wrote:
I'll just add an update. For the first time since purchase my One has failed to start up when the power button is pressed. Had to use the reset hole to get it working again. Whether this is something to do with the new update I dunno, but I won't be impressed if it does it again whilst on holiday, and I don't really want to be lugging pins around to use as a reset tool. And, from what 999tommo says in his post above regarding the boot ID, changing back to the previous version may not solve it. Fingers are crossed that it was just a one-off.

I've done lots of updates, or added programs, taken them off, changed voices, menus, etc, etc and never had to do a reset with a pin. Perhaps I'm lucky, but it seems to make a difference whether you use a card reader or plug the TT directly to the computer to make amendments. I plug mine in directly and never switch off and on whilst doing updates, I just pull the USB, which re-starts my TT. Hope this is of assistance.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CavesOfTQLT wrote:
and I don't really want to be lugging pins around to use as a reset tool.

Popping the SD Card out and in will achieve a Reset.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
CavesOfTQLT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
I plug mine in directly and never switch off and on whilst doing updates, I just pull the USB, which re-starts my TT. Hope this is of assistance.

That's the way I do it already, with the exception that on XP I use the disconnect hardware function beforehand.

Oldboy wrote:
Popping the SD Card out and in will achieve a Reset.

I'll give this a whirl if it happens again.

Thanks guys.
mrzipy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed this update, now the colours all look a bit lighter, and I notice an interference pattern on the screen, most noticeable on the route summary screen when no route is set (as it is mainly solid green).
ftrobbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same isue, updated the App to 5.45 and would not start. Had to reset via the reset hole. Has not been an issue since. Asumed it was a start up incompatability issue thing. Now just keeping an eye on it.
Dajan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: 5.450 Update Reply with quote

Just updated mine last night, no problems, but my boot version went to 4.29, and the screen is lighter
Dajan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: 5.450 Update Reply with quote

The other thing I forgot to mention is that my free ram went from 5.6 to 6.6, any ideas, I thought an update might use more ram.
mentalpostie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

app 5450
gps v1.21 boot 4.29
map v605
os 1011

just installed no problems screen definately brighter and the colors seem a bit different but that might just be me.

i've noticed as well that once switched on the lock on time to find satellites is massively improved and it keeps them locked better in the house from a cold start to lock was no less than 15sec and is giving me 6 where as before in the house was 4

also before the update once the unit was switched off and then say 2hours later switched on it took a min or so to re-lock i've just switched it back on after 2hours off and it was a instant lock on no wait no delay nothing

not sure if this has anything to do with geographical location but i'm happy with the update
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reverting mine.

In previous versions the TT displayed both the road you were currently on, and the road you were heading towards. This version does not display the road you are currently on - the display at the bottom of the screen contains the next road not this one.

It's really confusing when you're on the M73 for 60 odd miles and the TT display says 'M6'.

I hope this change isn't permanent, or they provide an option in V6 to go back to the old behaviour.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: