Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RSS Feed Update for Camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RSS Feed Update for Camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CS
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: RSS Feed Update for Camera database Reply with quote

Pl see below extract from PWGPS front page. Does anyone know what I need to do to be notified of new Camera database updates - see the last half sentence below.

This month we have added a new RSS feed which will be updated every time we release the database. Simply right click on the RSS image and select copy shortcut, then post the link into your favourite RSS reader.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: RSS Feed Update for Camera database Reply with quote

CS wrote:
Pl see below extract from PWGPS front page. Does anyone know what I need to do to be notified of new Camera database updates - see the last half sentence below.

This month we have added a new RSS feed which will be updated every time we release the database. Simply right click on the RSS image and select copy shortcut, then post the link into your favourite RSS reader.

Though Firefox has a live bookmark feature it does not work with the PGPSW RSS links. However you can use amongst others, Feedreader (freeware) for PC or Egrees (payware) on a PPC.
http://www.feedreader.com/
http://www.garishkernels.net/egress.html
CS
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I never. Thanks Mullet. I owe you one. I've downloaded FeedReader and can see your reply. But can I set FeedReader up so that I receive an email (via hotmail) to let me know when a reply has been posted. or do I have to keep going into FeedReader to check for replies??
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS wrote:
Well I never. Thanks Mullet. I owe you one. I've downloaded FeedReader and can see your reply. But can I set FeedReader up so that I receive an email (via hotmail) to let me know when a reply has been posted. or do I have to keep going into FeedReader to check for replies??

Its not designed for that purpose. You need to keep the reader running and checking for feed updates. For the sole pupose of updates to the database RSS is overkill, it is common knowlege that the database is updated close to the end of each month, so just checkout this site or newsletter.
The real benefit of RSS is to keep track of an array of frequently changing webpages ie news, sport, weather, S/Ware updates, forums or whatever takes your interest (subject to supporting sites). You are presented with new headlines so you dont have to scour an entire site to find the new stuff.
Having a reasonable amount to MB in my contract, I use Egress RSS on my PPC updating every couple of hours. Google "best rss feeds" to get an idea of whats available.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: