Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Antenna for BT-308? (UK)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Antenna for BT-308? (UK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anjow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Antenna for BT-308? (UK) Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap antenna for the BT-308? I think I have that model just rebranded as Kirrio - the pairing code was the same and it is identical in appearance.

I'm looking for a cheap (<£20 ideally) antenna for use in my car.

I also wondered what form these take? Where are they attached? Anything else I should know?

Thanks.
anjow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems there's no edit post function.

I was also wondering whether, having got an antenna, I could hide the receiver out of view and it still work. I was thinking that with the antenna attached it would still get a signal without being able to see the sky, meaning I could hide it away so passers by wouldn't be tempted to steal it if I leave it in the car.

My main reason for posting is because I don't understand which antennas would be compatible, or how they connect.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Antenna for BT-308? (UK) Reply with quote

anjow1 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap antenna for the BT-308? I think I have that model just rebranded as Kirrio - the pairing code was the same and it is identical in appearance.

I'm looking for a cheap (<£20 ideally) antenna for use in my car.

I also wondered what form these take? Where are they attached? Anything else I should know?

Thanks.

Just had a look the following type would fit AT-65-MMCX double check with the seller first.

Antenna can be obtained from various outlets why not try the retailers on the right hand coumn who support the forum (if its cheap, really cheap then ebay is your best bet Exclamation ).

With the antenna fitted you could place the BT-308 any where you like (under the seats, in the boot remember that it will still be connected by cable to the antenna) just check the bluetooth functionality.
anjow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not sure which retailers were okay to buy from - I see a link to PDAMods but they are frequently slammed in the retailers to buy from/avoid forum...
anjow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/product_details.php?id=3221

This one seems to say MMCX on it; though it doesn't say "AT-65-MMCX". I'm going to see if the seller can confirm that it will work.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anjow1 wrote:
http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/product_details.php?id=3221

This one seems to say MMCX on it; though it doesn't say "AT-65-MMCX". I'm going to see if the seller can confirm that it will work.

Here you go phone and ask about PocketGPS Members Discount Thumbs Up

http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/Antennas/GLOBALSAT_MMCX_ACTIVE_ANTENNA_AT65.html
anjow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks very much!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: