Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tracking within Copilot4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tracking within Copilot4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dasboot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Tracking within Copilot4 Reply with quote

This may seem like a stupid question, if it is it is bourn out of ignorance because I do not own this product. Having read through the various reviews and the product details on the manufacturers website, it intimates that vehicle position tracking is possible with this kit, is this possible? If so what extra hardware is required to do this, I'm not too bothered about the 2 way communication thing which seems to involve a gprs enabled phone, but the tracking (if possible) sounds good.

The next question is, if it is possible, are the manufacturers looking into multiple tracking options for future releases, and if so is there a timescale on this, I did try and send an email to them from their website but I keep getting undeliverable returned mail, so any insight would be appreciated.
This last question is interesting for me as I have an acqauntance who owns a haulage company who would be very interested in the product if it supported multi vehicle tracking.

Thanks for any help.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracking is only in a 2 person fasion. e.g. You go out driving, and someone back at base can find where you are because you're using a GPRS mobile phone, sending live data back to the TravRoute Server, and the person back at base is also interfacing with this server and can send you live commands and re-routes. There's no way of other tracking at the moment.

More tracking features may be looked at in future versions, no dates though.

Multiple vehicle tracking will be present in future versions, but you will need to purchase direct from Alk/TravRoute and not through retailers as this will require special licenses and config.
dasboot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave for the quick response regarding this product, just to pick your brains a bit further, are there any other products that you know of that may allow multiple tracking via Pocket devices, or do I need to be looking at other bits of kit. If I need to post this in another part of the forum then let me know as I can see it is going off topic Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: