Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems installing cp6 latest patch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems installing cp6 latest patch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jralph70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Problems installing cp6 latest patch Reply with quote

Hi all,
#Anyone had this issue.

I downloaded the latest Pocket PC patch , installed it as advised. Started Copilot (UK Version), it seemed to work fine. On opening an hour later it failed to start. i get a message saying -

Unable to open Copilot. Please make sure the storage card is inserted or the data has been downloaded properly.

The storage card I have in is the Copilt 6 card. The data was all transfered across correctly (i assume) as the application opened on the 1st attempt with no issues.

I have attempted to repeat the whole excercise by removing copilot and installing again but i get the same error.

I've checked the memory and there seems to be loads as I have only just got my MDA and have not really had chance to start to use it in anger yet.

Any help would be great

Cheers Rolling Eyes
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes get that error message for no apparent reason, but when I restart Copilot the next time it starts up normally. Have you tried just carrying on and starting it again? If not, what about a soft reset?

Failing that, it might be worth checking the memory card in a card reader, first looking at the Properties - to see if it appears to be working, and how much memory is left, and ultimately with software, on PPC or PC , that will check the card's integrity in more depth.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrying on from Ponderous' comments, if you have access to a spare SD card, try re-creating the quickstart card from scratch.

PS there can be an issue with some equipment if the SD card is formatted FAT32 rather then FAT16 (which is often reported as FAT).

I would also add, that during my tinkering with the new patch, on several occasions files on the SD card have become corrupted. Admittedly, it could well be my fault and not typical of normal usage - but it is something to look out for.

PS, if re-creating the Quickstart card, you do not need to use the PPC patch. A desktop installation upgraded to v6.0.1.68 will produce the updated files. The PPC Quickstart patch is simply to update a v6.0.0.68 quickstart card to a 6.0.1.68 one.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am often getting what I think is a bogus error message about the storage card on CP startup.

It is especially likely to occur if I have disconnected my NavMan sleeve GPS.

I generally re-connect the NavMan sleeve and extract and re-insert the SD card for good luck. CP usually starts OK, sometimes I have to do this twice. But it only takes a few seconds.

I think it's the wrong error message, and makes users start re-formatting the SD card for no good reason. But I'm not sure if my problem is the same as that seen by others, my old NavMan sleeve has become very troublesome after about 4 years of rough use. But there is some possibility that a connection problem or delayed connection with the BT receivers might also produce the odd error about an SD card.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: