Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 610 in Ford Focus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 610 in Ford Focus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonsm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Navman 610 in Ford Focus Reply with quote

I've been using the Navman 610 happily since about Sept in my Daewoo Lanos, but today I got a new car - Ford Focus 2001 Mk 1. I plugged the Navman in it and it didn't switch on - the light on the adapter didn't light up at all when plugged into the cigarette lighter.

The cigarette lighter works as I tested that.

The manual for the car says that "the lighter socket can also be used to power 12 volt appliances having a current rating of maximum 10 amperes"

So should it work? If not, is there another way to get it to work (eg different adapter) or will I have to get a different sat nav??

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Simon
Ant3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon, have you checked the fuse in the Mavman lead - on mine you unscrew the round plastic bit on the end of the plug and it will be found inside. Obviiously only replace with the same type of fuse.

If the light is not on then power cannot be getting to the lead - ruling out a break in the cable.

Good luck
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try putting the power plug in to the socket at 45 degrees relative to where it doesn't work, quite a few cars have a dead spot for the negative connection, if this fails try a number of positions, so long as the ignition is switched on you should get power, unless the device (charger) has died - Mike
simonsm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try... seems strange as I used the Navman in my Daewoo earlier today to get to the garage to pick up the Ford and tried it in the Ford on the way back and then realised it didn't work any more!
simonsm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried my mobile phone charger in the lighter and that didn't work either... and so I wiggled a bit more extreme than I had been, and I got a brief red light (from my charger) but when I relaxed my grip, nothing. I tried the Navman again and I did get a brief yellow light but again, not permanently... so it is the car's cigarette lighter thing that must be faulty. I shall return to the garage tomorrow!!

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Simon
chas921
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Focus Reply with quote

Hi...just about to aquire Ford Focus 05 plate.........this car has the `quickclear` fast defrosting facility. Looking at the screen edges, there appears to be to clear areas, that do not have the heater elements between the laminate glass. Have you had any problems with your satnav if you set up your device at the extreme edges of the windscreen. I also use a Cobra XRS-9830 and was wondering if you use any radar detection equipment, and does this suffer any loss of ability being behind a mesh of wire elements?

Take care, keep your eyes on the road, not the navigator?

chas
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should all work fine in that car (I use them quite a bit as hire cars), and I have never had a problem with sat nav in a Focus, the heated screen will not block the signal from the reciever. If it is athermic coated glass then I would be concerned, but the normal Ford mesh heated screen will be fine - Mike
chas921
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: mikealder Reply with quote

....many thanks.....I concour that all works well in the Focus, but have noted that the receiver does lock on much quicker with an external aerial.

Take care, keep your eyes on the road, not the navigator?

chas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: