Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom5 running on Medion MD96800 mdpna250
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom5 running on Medion MD96800 mdpna250
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Trying my tomtom/medion in france Reply with quote

What can I say, it was fantastic. 3 months in france and the only hiccup I had was not charging the battery. Thanks again to Niallf. What a great service. Bye for now Geth Wink Laughing
dogsofwar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am runninning TomTom Nav 5 on a Medion MD PNA 175 and if you guys want to know how to make the little bars display how many sat's you are seeing/signal strength...install an app called GAPI, I found it by accident while looking for other software that will run on a Medion, found quite a bit of stuff and the app as mentioned, lost the link but google it and see what you find, after I installed this app everything worked properley in TomTom the sat bars turn blue now when it has a fix and the signal strength is displayed in the display bar, hope this is of use to you guys.
cplmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: tom tom 5 or 6 softwre on md 96800 Reply with quote

hi every one i ve been trying to covert my md96800 for the past 2 weeks its really annoying cause i dont wanna buy a tom tom. i can get as far as make the sat nav boot in with the start bar and the three ions on the main screen i have d/l both types of the tom tom software but i just cant get the hang of it i know im going on and on but i need help please pm or post a thread asap please im at my wits end
greenleaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my FIRST post i have the thank niallf.. if not for your work, i would have had a broken Medion as it didn't work before i started here.

now i have BOTH systems working on one module.

am i allowed to post a copy of all my Folders inside my Medion MD96800 model: MDPNA 250T Question
with the exception of my Windows Folder & my Storage Card Folder which contained my Maps for both TomTom and Medion (1 gb memory} and also the mnavdce.cab,Medion.ico,autorunce.exe,AUTORUN.INF,.. (i also have a Music folder so i can use the MP3 player).

Arrow Also i noted the voices didn't work or the full postal code search until i put the relevant files into \My Documents\TomTom

this means in \My Documents\TomTom folder i have another TomTom folder (EMPTY.. not sure if needed) the mapping 'zip' folder with the postal info inside that, CurrentMap.dat (just as a file) & data05.chk (for Janes voice..again just as a file on its own)
also in the instrctions it said to delete dx.dll file from windows folder... i couldn't find it so i deleted gx.dll instead as TomTom screen was just blank when loaded until i did
niallf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just edited my original instructions to change dx.dll to gx.dll
This was a typo, sorry for any confusion.

Niall
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Task bar Reply with quote

I dont know why you need to edit the reg or copy the modded reg to get the task bar. When all you need to do is rename taskbar.exe to menu.exe and copy it to your My Flash Disk folder on the medion it will then boot to the desktop even after a hard reset. Menu.exe just runs the gopal screen with the icons on. As for poi warner with tt5 you dont need it, all the poi's (in ov2 format/Bmp) should be put in your map folder. The version of tt5 you need to install should be the version that runs setup.exe from your pc NOT cab files as this can cause problems. I run both tt5 and Gopal PE on my medion and both run smooth here you will find some sample pic of my medion as i edited the unit. my latest is with tt5 and Gopal pe. I first updated my medion from ME to PE much better (contains maps of all europe) i then added tomtom5. File version 4.3.7.0
http://my.inbox.com/photos/gary/index.aspx
Q-branch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: thanks for all your hard work.. Reply with quote

Big thanks to everyone for their diligence and hard work solving and sharing.
I have it all working beautifully.

But I do have one Q. Has anyone bought new map data since doing this? Does it work fine or are there any version issues. (I mean buying just the map e.g. 2007 maps data not TomTom 6 for example). Also, is it possible to use Navteq/iGo/etc map data instead of TomTom?

Thanks
alandooley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great instructions here.

Just wondering will the same procedure work for installing Route 66 Navigation 7 on the PNA?

TomTom doesn't have good enough maps for me in Ireland. I need Navteq maps.
emmalou1982
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: help me please!! Reply with quote

Please help! I am trying to follow the instuctions from Niallf and am getting as far as Steps 10 & 11. Once I soft reset the device the Medion application is still running and according to step 11 it shouldn't be! I have tried and tried but its not working. I am following step 10 and once i tap import, medion and then tap on modified.reg, nothing happens... Then once I have reset the device Medion is still running...

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong??

PS. Im a beginner so easy instructions appreciated! :o)
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: taskbar Reply with quote

I have not read the instruction from Niallf. But i wll say this if you have version 1.1 of gopal you will not get the taskbar running, it wont work you need version 2 of gopal. Look on your cd's that came with you medion and see what version you have. If you have version 2 then follow my instrutions above
emmalou1982
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: taskbar Reply with quote

Fatslag wrote:
I have not read the instruction from Niallf. But i wll say this if you have version 1.1 of gopal you will not get the taskbar running, it wont work you need version 2 of gopal. Look on your cd's that came with you medion and see what version you have. If you have version 2 then follow my instrutions above

How do I see if I have version 1.1 or version 2? I only have one disk that came with the medion and that only has the maps on it.
horanjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have a medion gps from aldi. I have windows XP.
How do you connect the gps to the pc via usb. The sofware on the CD does not seem to be working / downloading so I cannot connect the gps to the pc to active sync to the gps. If I counld do this the rest should be ok.

thanks
andrewjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: medion md96800 full post code Reply with quote

I have this article with great interest, I have a 96800. The main problem is you cant put a full post code in so it will only find places on the city with a street name, I need to find places like hotels in the country, Medion say this is all its supposed to do, Not much good to me. will this version of the tom tom software allow this? --[search for a full post code]
plinth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: What about TomTom Navigator Version 6? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this with TomTom Navigator 6? Will all the required files be in the same place? Thanks
SCAMPJOJO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will tom tom 5 work on a aldi bought medion ppc 250 many thanks
steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: