Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem, TomTom and bluetooth device
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem, TomTom and bluetooth device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumbodick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Problem, TomTom and bluetooth device Reply with quote

Hi,

I am running Tom tom V5 on a IPAQ 54xx device and have also the QstArz bluetooth hardware.

The PDA says its connected ok to the GPS via bluetooth. and the GPS shows it has GPS data from sat.

but Tom Tom wont see the device. I have tried the configure option where you select "other blue tooth device" but its having none of it...

PDA works fine if i select a cable type GPS receiver... but its not working on the QSTARZ device..

any advice please..

DB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that TomTom works fine with your GPS unit when you configure it as "Other Cabled NMEA GPS" but then you cannot open GPS View at the same time?

If this is the case and you want/ need multiple programs running off a single GPS unit you will need Fransons GPS Gate utility to Share the data, use Google to find it.

If you are just wondering why TomTom only sees the data when set to Other Cable NMEA GPS when its a Bluetooth device, if it works leave it alone, seen this before on a number of units - Mike
dumbodick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Are you saying that TomTom works fine with your GPS unit when you configure it as "Other Cabled NMEA GPS" but then you cannot open GPS View at the same time?

If this is the case and you want/ need multiple programs running off a single GPS unit you will need Fransons GPS Gate utility to Share the data, use Google to find it.

If you are just wondering why TomTom only sees the data when set to Other Cable NMEA GPS when its a Bluetooth device, if it works leave it alone, seen this before on a number of units - Mike

maybe i have been confusing here..

i have tested the PDA + tom tom V5 on a cable GPS device (the tom tom diamond shape one). this works fine. and tests out the PDA and software ok..

but what i want to move to is the blue tooth option. so when i use this.. there is no signal at all. Tom tom wont respond.. yet the blue tooth device says (by its LEDs) that it has connectivity and its picking up the sat data).

DB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For use with the Bluetooth GPS unit within TomTom select preferences/ GPS then use the options to select "Other Cabled NMEA GPS", on the next page set the Baud speed (read the GPS unit manual for this), then on the final page select the outgoing Bluetooth COM port from the list. go back to the main GPS display and check the little yello/ Blue disk (top Right of the screen) is spining. If it isn't something is wrong with your selected port, assuming it does spin, take it all outside and wait for anything upto 20 mins to get a valid fix - I know it seems bizzare selected "Other Cabled NMEA GPS" when the device is a Bluetooth unit but this does work - Mike
dumbodick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
For use with the Bluetooth GPS unit within TomTom select preferences/ GPS then use the options to select "Other Cabled NMEA GPS", on the next page set the Baud speed (read the GPS unit manual for this), then on the final page select the outgoing Bluetooth COM port from the list. go back to the main GPS display and check the little yello/ Blue disk (top Right of the screen) is spining. If it isn't something is wrong with your selected port, assuming it does spin, take it all outside and wait for anything upto 20 mins to get a valid fix - I know it seems bizzare selected "Other Cabled NMEA GPS" when the device is a Bluetooth unit but this does work - Mike

Thx Mike, I kind of found this in the end, i was just stabbing at options in frustration, god knows why, then the voice says, "you have reached your destination".... oh i thought... its working...

This must be a common question for those that switch to Blue tooth on TOM TOM...

Tx for all the advice.. its working well..

DB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: