Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which File (s)?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which File (s)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UK-Ray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Which File (s)? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a Navman 510 and downloaded the file for it but now see there are several files for each camera ? 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 70 and var ASC files. should I install all of them ? if not which ones should I install ? Thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its up to you....
Did you read this on the download page?
Quote:
What camera database categories do I need?

Well it is down to personal choice and the limitations of your SatNav package. If you were to stay in the UK there are 3 levels of options (if unsure just download the single file cameras, and when you have a better understanding of it all, download other files):

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type.As stated above, this category contains all of the above categories, except for the Continental one. It is for UK users who have SatNav systems that can only use a limited number of POI categories at time:

pocketgps_uk_sc

Consolidated by Type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera. This is just the main categories and none of the subcategories that show speed limits:

pocketgps_uk_gatso
pocketgps_uk_mobile
pocketgps_uk_redlight
pocketgps_uk_specs
pocketgps_uk_temp

Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. If you want the above but with subcategories of the Gatso, Mobile, and SPECS databases to show speed related cameras:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30
pocketgps_uk_gatso_40
pocketgps_uk_gatso_50
pocketgps_uk_gatso_60
pocketgps_uk_gatso_70
pocketgps_uk_gatso_tba
pocketgps_uk_gatso_var
pocketgps_uk_mobile_20
pocketgps_uk_mobile_30
pocketgps_uk_mobile_40
pocketgps_uk_mobile_50
pocketgps_uk_mobile_60
pocketgps_uk_mobile_70
pocketgps_uk_mobile_tba
pocketgps_uk_redlight
pocketgps_uk_specs_20
pocketgps_uk_specs_30
pocketgps_uk_specs_40
pocketgps_uk_specs_50
pocketgps_uk_specs_60
pocketgps_uk_specs_70
pocketgps_uk_specs_tba
pocketgps_uk_temp

There are almost an endless amount of combinations of the above. Please don't forget that:

1. You can use a combination of speed-zoned sub-categories of one type with non-speed-zoned categories of another type, i.e. speed-zoned Gatso and Mobile with non-speed-zoned SPECS.
2. If you use speed-zoned sub categories use all of the sub categories (else you won’t get warnings for every site) and don't use the full category with the sub-categories (else you will get duplicate warnings).

You can download the zipped file and manually copy the required categories to you SatNav system. If you wish to use speed-zoned categories then you will need to look in different folders in the zip file, they are in the "speed zoned" folder and then the "gatso", "mobile", "specs" sub-folders depending on your requirements.

Does that help?
UK-Ray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Which File(s) Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, ...So, if I read you right you are saying that I can load all the files in the downloaded folder to get full cover (if my NavMan will accept them) or download the other folder and less hassel installing ? Sorry to be a pain, but I cant seem to get my head round this (as you might guess I am a first timer). Once again ...Thanks. Ken
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download system now asks you what set of files you want to get. So I would say download the all-in-one file first. Get that working and see how you get on.
Then when you've got a bit more confidence (and time) download the speed-zoned set and try installing them (Don't worry, you can download as many times as you like during your subscription period), but remove or disable the other one first, or you'll get double alerts.

Although it is just as easy to install them (dragging all the files to your sat nav. rather than just one), you've then got to tick all the boxes to switch them on and set up the warnings for each one individually so it is just a bit more fiddly.Sorry I can't give more specific hints, but I'm a TomTom user myself!.
UK-Ray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I wil give that a try. Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: