Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman510 - Some cam files will not go 'ACTIVE'.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman510 - Some cam files will not go 'ACTIVE'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brassraptor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Navman510 - Some cam files will not go 'ACTIVE'. Reply with quote

I've downloaded the camera database successfully and used them on my iCN 510. When I used the 'all in one' file it was fine. When I later used the 'consolidated by type' it was fine.

However, when I downloaded and used the 23-file speed zoned database, I have some odd problems. Most of the files work fine, but just a couple, e.g. the 'mobile 50' and the 'mobile 70' and the 'temp' files, seem to download fine, but when I look at them in my Navman I find the are not labelled as 'ACTIVE' and no matter how many times I click them and make them active, they won't go active. This is no big deal because they show up on the screen, I just don't get the audible warning (for those three types only). All the others work as expected.

I thought maybe last month's database had a corruption, though I couldn't see anything wrong with the text files, so I waited until this weekend's new database. Now I have downloaded and installed the files and a similar thing has happened, although this time it is the mobile 60 and 70 that won't go active.

When I look at the list of 'my pois' I find that most of the files are listed, saying (ACTIVE) after them, but a couple are inactive, and strangely, at the end I find a couple of files with corrupt filenames; just a strange two or three odd graphic symbols, or random foreign letters. It is as if the fiels have not downloaded properly. I have tried using the synchronisation tool to wipe off all the files on my 510 and start over, but the same thing happens. When I look at the files on the 510 with the synch tool there is no apparent filename corruption, it only appears like that on the 510 screen itself.

Other than using the synchonisation tool and the computer (Windows XP) I can't find any way to delete specific POI files off the 510 so I cannot target the corrupt files and wipe them off.

To summarise:
Most files OK and active
two or three wont go active (this varies each time I reload)
two or three odd corrupt filenames. (ditto)

Any suggestions how I might proceed?

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: