Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice Sound File Locations in an ICN510 SmartST2005
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Sound File Locations in an ICN510 SmartST2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Voice Sound File Locations in an ICN510 SmartST2005 Reply with quote

Hopefully you will be able to understand my question Question

On the Navman ICN510 SD Card there is a folder called "Voices" where the various languages are stored. To free up space, it apears you can delete those that you don't use without problem.

Before performing the latest update to SmartST2005, my "Voices" folder was empty, but my Navman happily spoke to me in Uk English, male or Female.

Now, since the update I can only have Uk English if I have the voices installed on the SD card. I do not have US Male or Female stored on the SD Card, and yet they appear as options, and work!

Is there another "Voice" location internal to the ICN where my original pre-update UK voices were stored, that has been replaced with USA Voices? (which I can then copy files to change back?)

Many thanks,

Andy.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Sound File Locations in an ICN510 SmartST2005 Reply with quote

Aldridge_Andy wrote:
Hopefully you will be able to understand my question Question

On the Navman ICN510 SD Card there is a folder called "Voices" where the various languages are stored. To free up space, it apears you can delete those that you don't use without problem.

Before performing the latest update to SmartST2005, my "Voices" folder was empty, but my Navman happily spoke to me in Uk English, male or Female.

Now, since the update I can only have Uk English if I have the voices installed on the SD card. I do not have US Male or Female stored on the SD Card, and yet they appear as options, and work!

Is there another "Voice" location internal to the ICN where my original pre-update UK voices were stored, that has been replaced with USA Voices? (which I can then copy files to change back?)

Many thanks,

Andy.

See if this thread is your solution http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=37051

(March 24th) Wink
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer, I knew about that, and the languages presented are those held on SD Card and a mystery "other" location.

My language screen gives me UK and US options. But I only have the UK voices on the SD Card.

Before I updated SmartST2005 I had no languages stored on the SD Card, and the ICN510 still had UK Voices, but without the option to switch to US voices, which was fine for me.

This leads me to believe that there is a location internal to the INC510 to store a single language.

The SmartST2005 update much have changed this file from UK to US.

I'd just like to change it back, to how it was, if possible.

Regards,
Andy.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldridge_Andy wrote:
I'd just like to change it back, to how it was, if possible.
Andy.

I presume that neither of the solutions offered by the other members on that link worked Question

If that's the case, as I don't have a 520, perhaps someone else may be able to help or a short email to Navman tech support might give the answer Rolling Eyes
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to answer my own post, but I've done some digging around and managed to solve my own question.

It basically answers why the UK voice people have been happily using with SmartST2005, becomes American when they install the latest patch.

In addition to any languages on the SD Card, the ICN5xx running SmartST2005 stores a single language (2 files male and female) on it's internal memory.

Uk devices by default have the Uk Language stored in the following locations...

Mobile device\my flash disk\backup\ficino\navman\sound\ "files are here"

Mobile device\program files\navman\ficino\navman\sound\ "files are here"

When you install the latest patch (Patch80.EXE) from Navman these files are changed to the US Language files named SP3_Male.dat and SP3_Female.dat

To get around the problem, and having an SD Card configured differently to how you have done previously, just substitute the UK Language files for the American ones in the two locations above, and all is sorted.

Obviously in addition to the internal language the device will check for any extra languages on the SD card. So installing languages on the SD Card after the patch is a soloution. But if you want everything to be back how it was, and how it came from Navman, I've hopefully found the soloution.

Regards,

Andy.

TomTom Go 720.
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Read my posts and all will be reviled. I have covered this topic many times.
Perhaps it could become a sticky.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
dizzytiger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I know what you're saying, but which files am I supposed to substitute for which? i.e. are the proper uk English language files in the 'My Flash Disc' or 'Program Files' location?
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dizzytiger wrote:
OK, I think I know what you're saying, but which files am I supposed to substitute for which? i.e. are the proper uk English language files in the 'My Flash Disc' or 'Program Files' location?

I got my english language files from here http://ems00801.egain.net/system/web/view/selfservice/controller.jsp?CONFIGURATION=1019&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=STARTPAGE&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTRY=gb

Once you've unzipped the file, you'll see theres a "Sounds" folder in the folder structure. Inside the "Sounds" folder are all the european languages. Just copy the UK male and Female files to the locations in my earlier post. If you don't copy the files to both locations, one of the locations will still containthe American files, and you risk them making a re-apperance.

TomTom Go 720.
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to say (as I cant link diect to the exact page you need) look for the following subject "(UK 104) How do I rebuild the SD Card for my iCN 510?" in the ICN 510 support section.

You will find the download available here, has all the sound files you'll need.

Andy.

TomTom Go 720.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: