Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux 236 GPS Slim Dead?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux 236 GPS Slim Dead?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ro-76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Holux 236 GPS Slim Dead? Reply with quote

I recently bought a GPS Slim on eBay shipped from Taiwan. It was working perfectly for a few days, but now seems to be malfunctioning.

When I turn it on, the GPS LED lights up, and in a few seconds begins to blink as though it has made a fix.

The problem seems to be with the bluetooth module. Frequently the blue LED does not light up at all, or it lights up and stays on constantly. When it is like this, I cannot make a connection with the device.

I have tried charging it up fully, taking uot the battery etc a few times, but it just doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Is it a big deal to return the item to Holux in Taiwan if necessary? What is the turnaround time like?

Thanks,

Ronan
ro-76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number is 236-6110 XXX if this is of any help.

Ronan
JM-HoluxUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It does sound like you're bluetooth module has developed a fault.
I'm assuming you have purchased the unit from Merchant Run. They should honour the manufacturer's warranty, if you have no joy then contact Holux Tech directly. (tech@holux.com.tw)
Regards,
Julie
Weirdone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: No Bluetooth LED on Holux GPSlim236 Reply with quote

Funny enough I just purchased one from MerchantRun place and had the same issue.

All was woking ok on and off for about a day but now I am hard pressed to get a bluetooth light to flash on the unit.

Looking at the Serial number I am thinking it is close to yours ro-76.

Did you have to send yours back ro-76? I am waiting to hear back from them about mine ?
ro-76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: No Bluetooth LED on Holux GPSlim236 Reply with quote

Weirdone wrote:
Funny enough I just purchased one from MerchantRun place and had the same issue.

All was woking ok on and off for about a day but now I am hard pressed to get a bluetooth light to flash on the unit.

Looking at the Serial number I am thinking it is close to yours ro-76.

Did you have to send yours back ro-76? I am waiting to hear back from them about mine ?

Yes I sent mine back about 10 days ago, but have not heard from them yet. They won't act on it until it has been tested by the manufacturer apparently. Hopefully soon.
wasabi4ever
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I dont' believe it, it seems a LOT of people having similar problem with this same model than just me.
I just took it out of the box the first day and it works great, I tested out then put it back in the box. Only 2-3 days later when i took it out because i'm planning a trip then it doens't work.
The orange lights blinking just fine, but the bluetooth blue light does not blinks, nor even turns on.
I contacted holux but waitting for reply is horrible... I hate waitting game.
Now since reading this, It doesn't make it any better. I have to send it back to them ?
Do we have to pay for this shipping/return shipping ? and about 1 month wait probably.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is unfortunately the risk you take in not buying from a local retailer Sad
wasabi4ever
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... Ebay seems to be the better deal.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasabi4ever wrote:
yeah... Ebay seems to be the better deal.

Oh yeah, until it fails that is!
Weirdone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny some people say I should I have it from a dealer but in reality I would have had the same problem getting it fixed and would have paid twice the price for the priviledge.

I suppose some businesses are just better at dealing with theses issues than others.
dclutter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Holux Update Reply with quote

I have been getting replies back from Holux and they have admitted there is a problem with the unit. But i have not recieved any indication from them on when the fixed units will be available. I too bought online from BuyGPSNow.com and they have been Ok to deal with, but they are waiting for a shipment from Holux. I am trying to confirm what serial number sequence will have the fix.

i have guessed, it is a bad solder joint on the board. (Not scientific). if i leave the unit on the dash for a few minutes, it seems to work . once it is working, it stays working. I will find out how long it will stay working on a 5 day college tour for my son. But if you leave off for a while, same bluetooth problem
stols
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I seem to be having a slightly different problem. I had my unit for a few days working fine but then I accidentally left the unit in the car switched on (not charging) overnight so when I got it this morning the battery was dead. So recharged the battery but now when I turn the unit on, although the bluetooth light is flashing blue, the device is not listed when I search for bluetooth devices, either on my smart phone or my PDA. I have borrowed a friend's GP236 and this is found with no problem. Both devices are serial number 236-6XXXXXXX. The only difference I can see is that the bluetooth light appears to be flashing at twice the rate on the working unit as on the non-working unit. Incidentally, the satellite LED is flashing as per normal.

Many thanks,

Rich
stols
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And ain't that just right - I spent all morning reading forums trying to get the unit to work and two minutes after posting the message above, I get the unit working again!!

I had tried a number of times taking the battery out for 10-15 minutes then switching on again. I did the same this time but at the same time as turning the unit on again, I got my phone to search for Bluetooth devices and lo and behold the unit was there and I could then connect no problem.

Not sure if this is coincidental or if I've been stupid (most likely!) but I'm currently not having any problems with the unit at all and I've tried powering down both devices and restarting and still both connect together fine.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happens to me all the time, try everything, give up, post a plea for help and then it either fixes itself or I happen upon a solution!

Still, main thing is it is working Smile
ShamelessCookie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my 236 today and Bluetooth only works if the receiver is plugged in or if it was JUST removed from the charger (after which, BT dies after a minute)

There's something seriously wrong with the BT in the latest batch... mine is S/N 236-623*****

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: