Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is free life time subscription 2 the camera database a scam?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is free life time subscription 2 the camera database a scam?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive comments! I have only awarded the user one years membership as a display of good faith. Had he been a subscriber for even one month he would have been entitled to lifetime membership. Perhaps he will now re-consider the value of that £2.00 fee?
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Thanks for the positive comments! I have only awarded the user one years membership as a display of good faith. Had he been a subscriber for even one month he would have been entitled to lifetime membership. Perhaps he will now re-consider the value of that £2.00 fee?

Darren,

You've been more than fair there.

Keep up the good work Wink

Chris
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

I can confirm i am given a 12 year membership. i may have been a little impatient like i am always but i thought it had been at least a month for all my submission.. and by the way the third one is a gatso and its definatley their so u need to check that..

My rant wasnt about getting of with the 2 pound fee or even the 19 pound fee its about principles you give your word you stick to it after all the good things i was hearing about the site then me double guessing what had happend i may have over reacted in that case im sorry....

but you got to admit the current system in place for verifying the cameras is shiite to say the least..not been too critical obviously Smile
BigR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What beats me is why didn't you email the forum admin guys first to see what was happening before you unleashed your scathing attack?
Personally if i was the guys running the site i would have not given you the membership instead i would have banned you off the forum for life, thats the trouble with me, i too act before thinking.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kadhim wrote:
and by the way the third one is a gatso and its definatley their so u need to check that..

he never said it wasn't there. darren simply stated that because they already had the camera position in the database but weren't sure if it was specs, mobile or gatso etc then that submission doesn't qualify for the prize. you merely gave them a bit more info about a camera they already knew about.

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kadhim wrote:
I can confirm i am given a 12 year membership.

Thanks for spotting that, I have now ammended it to 1yr.
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
kadhim wrote:
I can confirm i am given a 12 year membership.

Thanks for spotting that, I have now ammended it to 1yr.

Their goes the reward for being honest Rolling Eyes you could have halved it but you guys gotta take the mik.... Evil or Very Mad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reward was getting a year when you weren't actually entitled to anything as you weren't a paid a subscriber!
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Your reward was getting a year when you weren't actually entitled to anything as you weren't a paid a subscriber!

Wow i didnt know that remind me next time to read the small print..thats unbelievable Rolling Eyes where does it say that?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

Quote:

Why Should I Join?
Subscribing to the site has many benefits. As a registered member you will receive:

1. Discounts on GPS equipment from EasyDevices.co.uk (one discount could easily cover your subscription charge)
2. Free competitions. THOUSANDS OF POUNDS worth of prizes sponsored by GlobalSat.com
3. Free classified ad forum
4. The ability to ask questions/seek support on ALL GPS forums
5. Priority acceptance for our FREE GPS World Expo Events
6. Free speed camera recording software for both TomTom GO and TomTom Navigator
7. Free PocketGPSWorld.com UK Speed Camera Warnings Software including...

* Unlimited free individual licence downloads of our UK Speed Camera Warning Sotware during subscription period. Widely regarded as the best by users and industry alike. Includes static, mobile and red light warnings.
* Free lifetime subscription if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.)
* Dedicated speed camera support forum.
* 'Behind the Veil' Forums - Facts, Opinions, Secrets and Lies? The Speed Camera Debate Forums. Browse or join in debates and polls such as "Speeding is OK as Long as You Don't Get Caught" and "Who's More Likely to Get Caught on Camera? Males or Females?". We intend to 'unlock' member forums, articles and poll results to non-members 3 months after publication. These will be listed under 'Unlocked Archived Subscription Forums'

As you weren't a subscriber you weren't entitled to any free subscription. I made an exception and I would suggest you should be glad for the free year you did get!
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

As you weren't a subscriber you weren't entitled to any free subscription. I made an exception and I would suggest you should be glad for the free year you did get!

Basically if your not a subscriber and you submit a new camera location you dont get nothing Lmao thats a real funny policy..but yea i gotta go with it Rolling Eyes
Yellabelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bl__dy H_ll talk about being ungrateful, you get a years subscription even though you weren't a subscriber and still you expect much more!!!
Grow up and stop being such a spoilt brat, big deal that you should have to pay a £2 or £19 fee for such a great resource.
Who cares about getting a lifetime submission for their first three locations submitted do you expect to win the lottery without paying?
You appear to have a serious problem if you constantly need such instant gratification, life will disappoint you greatly.
YB
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellabelly wrote:
Bl__dy H_ll talk about being ungrateful, you get a years subscription even though you weren't a subscriber and still you expect much more!!!
Grow up and stop being such a spoilt brat, big deal that you should have to pay a £2 or £19 fee for such a great resource.
Who cares about getting a lifetime submission for their first three locations submitted do you expect to win the lottery without paying?
You appear to have a serious problem if you constantly need such instant gratification, life will disappoint you greatly.
YB

Is that even possible? Laughing Out Loud
My only reason for submitting the cameras was to get a free subscription i wasnt going to pay for this,.. call me what you like but when submitting i didnt read anything about not getting a free life time subscription, i just feel conned thats all :x cant help it sorry..
Johnny_D
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB
Quote:

Is that even possible? Laughing Out Loud
My only reason for submitting the cameras was to get a free subscription i wasnt going to pay for this,.. call me what you like but when submitting i didnt read anything about not getting a free life time subscription, i just feel conned thats all :x cant help it sorry..

Here's some advice. Go and pay for the Tom Tom speed camera
database. Then come here and talk about being conned.

FFS

JD
Bloody Superb PGPSW Camera Database.
Not much else!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thread has reached a conclusion now, if you feel you have been conned then I'm sorry, you assumed something and were wrong. I have been more than fair, if you wish to continue claiming we're scam artists then I'll happily cancel your account and you will be free to go elsewhere. However I would far rather you looked on the bright side, you've saved £19 and can perhaps now seek another camera and get the lifetime membership.

This thread is now locked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: