Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Observer on Sony Nav-U50/70: full instructions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Observer on Sony Nav-U50/70: full instructions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benny5 wrote:
You could try this;

http://www.scdb.info/en/plugin-speedlimit/

Its fairly simple and works okay on the Sony U50g

It I try it on the 71T and it doen't work and corrupt my installation, can I just copy a backup in again or install the Sony software from the DVD again ?
pmulcahy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS.AND ALL WORKS OK TO THE POINT WHERE I BOOT THE ORIGINAL NAVU-2 FILE . i HAVE NO GPS PRESENT. ON BOOT UP.DID ANYONE FIND A FIX FOR THIS??IF I GO BACK TO WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT AND CHANGE THE PORT SETTINGS FROM 5 TO COM PORT 1 .....I CANT ENABLE VIRTUAL PORT BUT THE GPS IS PRESENT ON BOOT UP....IF I CONFIGURE BACK TO THE WAY IT SHOULD BE I HAVE NO GPS ON BOOT UP.....?? CANT FIGURE THIS OUT??
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like the last version of the software this works with is 1.05. If you've recently got your Sony or updated it beyond 1.05, it won't work.

You'll either have to put POI Warner on or wait for a Sony alternative (or downgrade your Sony to 1.05, losing the newr maps, if you can find the files to do that).
pmulcahy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank for your reply...my navu is not new....I'm currently using v1.05..so i dont know where I'm going wrong.??
Probus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to everyone, newbie here. I have just bought a NV-u50 Embarassed Really unimpressed. However, I have managed to get TomTom 6 running on it all bar the little graphical display for the No of sat's etc. I have full post code and also speed camera's working ok.

Been using it all day without a hitch :D . Many thanks to Dippy for his instuction to get the desktop up. Have tried gx.dll for the signal bar display to no avail Crying or Very sad Any ideas Dippy? Sorry to ask you but you are the man when it comes to these units.
Flopper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: POI warner on Sony NVU-50t Reply with quote

Whats the problem with you guys. I bought the nvu50 last August for my wife. Installed the POI warner a week later and have had no problems. It works like a dream. Installation was completed without a fuss. ALL poi's and speed cams displayed with warnings etc. Speed limits , accident black spots etc. What did I do wrong to make the unit work first time by following the on-line instructions ??. Is all of your software up to date , and, are your drivers up to date? Are your firewall and antivirus up to date and configured correctly ??. Did you rtfm ?

What is the problem??

Since updating the map and the software earlier this year the system is far better. It now has FULL post code search.
Flopper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected and apologies. Confused I thought we were all using the same software. I am using an Nv U50t with software version 1.05. New map upgrade. Poiwarner works with no problems at all. Costs only 10 euros for speed cam updates. A bargain if you want an easy life. Plus, if you are the first to report a new speed cam you get free lifetime upgrades. I do NOT work for this company, I just use the software. As I said, easy peasy. Download, install, and BINGO Very Happy . No faffing and farting about.
smogf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: nav-u.exe Reply with quote

Does somebody have and could send me a nav-u.exe file from Sony NAV-U92T ??

Thanks...
wagsta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

its been an interesting read so far...im thinking i should not have bought the nv-u53!!!! Laughing Out Loud

oh well whats done is done.

im expecting i on wednesday, so what i under stand from the conversations previous:

uploading speed camera is a bit of an arrrsssse
uploading POI is nearly as bad as uploading speed camera position
map updates are also a pain.

correct me if im wrong, but is this unit any good???
madmart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: SpeedCams Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for all your hard work.I'm afraid I failed at the German web page trying to figure out were to register and get the pois software etc.I decided to go through your blog and found someone put a shortcut to SCDB.The basic software is free to download to my NV-U50 and works fine.I will probably pay the extra to get the updates/plugins etc.If it were not for your blog I would have given up on thinking I could have speedcams on my satnav, so thanks for all your info. Regards,Martin.
Bas_sl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Thanks for the help. I have got a problem Sad I did everything Dippy wrote in his post. Everything is fine, but my sony doesn't see satelites. GPS button is green, when pressed it shows 0 in every field. When I turn off the POI and lunch nav-u2 again gps is working fine. Any suggestions? Regards, Alex
niall_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant even get past stage 1... I dont want speed camera POI's as the sony website gives 'em for free now... but I do need to add lowbridges/width restrictions as I'm a truck driver...

just to explain in more detail...

I have a nav-u nv-u53g, using the latest software from the sony website, version 2.1.00 (297)
MGerva
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: NAVTEQ SONY NAV-U50 Reply with quote

Hi for everybody, I´m finding maps for Brazil, South America.
Anybody can give a help where I can find it? How to charge on it?
Thanks a lot.

Marcelo
rafam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people!

Good, recently I have bought in nv u53. my question is the following one: there is some way to install tomtom in this device? .

Best regards.
acshu_d
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: u82 Reply with quote

someone knows if the method for u50 work on u82?were i find prefs.ini on my u82?thx

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: