Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please help me getting TT5 talking to my BT reciever
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me getting TT5 talking to my BT reciever
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chriskaraokeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Please help me getting TT5 talking to my BT reciever Reply with quote

hi folks , just bought an O2 xda mini s , its awesome , i also have an XDA II which works fine with TT3.
my problem is that TT5 will not find my BT fortuna reciever. some guy is selling this info on ebay , reckons you have to change something in windows , before the reciever will stream data to the pda. any advice greatfully recieved Smile
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that rubbish after pairing the gps in the bluetooth manager select comports then new outgoing port and then select your device ie fortuna gps and set com 0 then finish then in tomtom use other bt gps and then baud rate of 38400 (you may have to play with it alittle) and then the circle should start spinning

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Chriskaraokeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks , but thats the problem i am having , i only get an option for either port 6 or 7 , but whichever i go for , do not appear in tom tom , to be selected , i only have com 9 , 3 , 0 , 2 and serial available
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi cjirs it looks like there maybe a bluetooth problem with the device have a look at the link below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=46532

follow the instructions exaclty

WARNING READ THIS

MESSING WITH A REGISTRY EDITOR CAN MESSUP YOU MACHINE IN A BIG WAY IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTBLE DOING THIS DONT ATTEMPT IT

device Lumia 950 xl
Chriskaraokeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a mess with it , but no multiple string in mine , altered the value , then the connection couldnt be configured , so put it back to com 6 .
like i say , there is a guy on ebay says this is a very common problem on WM5 and TT 5 , reckons there are hidden tools in WM5 , he tells you where they are , and its sorted in seconds.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have good read on xda developers the guys there know what here on about id have good read the only thing thats hidden on wm05 is the gps shareing app that will let 2 gps programs use the same gps so its not really needed that forum is devoted to to the xda type devices personally id got with them rather than some one on ebay that want to make money out of you

in the second post is the root to follow with a reg editor to get it to work

device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i know a freind whos is going to set one up on tuesday so well see what happens chris il get them to post how they got it working if they get the time just just hang fire

device Lumia 950 xl
Chriskaraokeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers m8 , i got a bloke dribbling for my old xda II , but it aint going nowhere till i get it running on the mini Laughing Out Loud . just a thought , if i did cock up the registry , would a hard reset reinstall WM5 from rom ?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes youd have to reinstall the rom i think with wm05 i havent had to do it yet ill ask one of the more techy guys tomorrow

device Lumia 950 xl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, As I have to get one of these working next week for a mate of mine, I thought a quick read through the "other" site was in order, it appears the easy way to get this working is to simply download the upgrade TTN5,21 from http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&FID=3361 and install that.

Once loaded the missing com port will appear in the list, so I am reliably told.
Thats what I will try first anyway, there are loads of other posts messing with files and editing the raw code of specific files, I wouldn't bother with this as yet. Use the "Other Bluetooth GPS" when setting up TomTom.

As for re-loading the WM2005 if you mess up the registry - yes a hard reset put my Exec back in order when I was messing with it (Basingstoke if I remember correctly) - Mike
Edit 1 time changed URL to full link rather than home page.
Chriskaraokeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply mike , just tried that , but still the same com ports available in TT , but not to bond with my BT reciever in WM5
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, just a thought when you run up tomtom now tap the sat signal strength indicator and check the version displayed is 5,210. I have known people try the upgrade and its not worked first time.
I will see if the unit my mate wants loading is avail later today and have a play around - will write up what to do in order to fix the problem - Mike
Chriskaraokeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike , was gutted before , went to pick a laptop up that needs work , wanted to nav to it with my XDA II , and ffs , it wouldnt communicate with my fortuna anymore. just took me an hour to persuade the two to communicate. im seriously thinking of keeping it now just for tom tom , and just use the mini as a glorified web browser , mp3 player and diary. sad but true :o
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem, same solution.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=36100
Take note about turning your device off to empty cache. Then if you have installed TTN5.2 com6 will show in the TT GPS config.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder Mullet, I had forgotten this post (probably slept since), I think the earlier version has left some settings burried in the device, try removing the TomTom application from the PDA in total, use the add/ remove programs option, then install the TTN5,21 update from scratch, configure it and if this still fails to give you the required port (I hate telling someone to do this) hard reset the device, this will return the machine to the "out of the box when new condition" so you will loose all data/ progs etc. (that is why I hate offering this as a solution), then install the TTN5,21 and configure it.

This is still better than an e-bay purchase that probably wouldn't go as far as this in terms of advice - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: