Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras vanish on Garmin I3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras vanish on Garmin I3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbooker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Speed Cameras vanish on Garmin I3 Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed the Speed Camera database to my I3. It worked a treat when I visited camera infested Middlesbrough from Whitby (where there are no speed cameras). Then I downloaded a large general POI file, which was recommended elsewhere on this site. Now all my speed camera alerts and warnings have completely vanished! I have tried reloading the SC database, but I have not yet driven past any cameras to test it.

If this does not work, where have I gone wrong? How do you remove files from the I3, as you cannot actually see the directory structure. Did the new POI database overwrite the SC database? Will I have to reset the machine and start again. Help, please!!! Question
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did the new POI database overwrite the SC database?

Yes. You need to have all the POI and SC files in one folder and upload them together.
Samsung Galaxy S21
davidbooker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Anita.

Do I have to reset the Garmin before reinstalling both databases from the one folder, or will the new files delete all the old files automatically? Sorry, but I am a computer enthusiast, brought up in the days of root directories (rather than top level folders, etc.), and I cannot quite visualise how the Garmin's internal file structure is configured.

You are saying, I think, that it can only read from one folder in memory, and that folder will be the last installed to memory. So, if the installation folder has sub-folders, then they cannot be read. In other words, all the files must be pooled together. Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

David
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbooker wrote:
Do I have to reset the Garmin before reinstalling both databases from the one folder, or will the new files delete all the old files automatically?

Uploading the new files wil automatically delete the old ones, so there's no need for a reset.

Quote:
You are saying, I think, that it can only read from one folder in memory, and that folder will be the last installed to memory. So, if the installation folder has sub-folders, then they cannot be read. In other words, all the files must be pooled together. Rolling Eyes

I believe only one folder, without sub-folders, can be uploaded and therefor, as you say, all the files must be pooled together. I'm sure someone more experienced will be along shortly to correct me if necessary!
Samsung Galaxy S21
davidbooker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Anita!

Yes, I think you are right about there being no folders, just a file pool.

Best wishes,

David Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: