Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT-321
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT-321

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fizzycolabottles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: BT-321 Reply with quote

Hi, everyone . Been checking this forum for a while and have come across some great info. Sadly Sad now I could do with some help. My Holox BT-321 has developed a problem. I've had this a BT-321 for about 2 weeks now and it was working great even indoors with some success. It has now started to fail picking up any satellites. I've had the gps outside in open space for hours with a fully charged battery but it still has not picked up a single satellite. The gps connects ok to bluetooth devices , have tried Dell Axim X50 with TT5, SPV C500 with TT5 and Pocket Streets, and a Laptop with Bluetooth dongle and Autoroute 2006, all these worked just fine, came to use the GPS today and it wont work as described above. I've hooked up the gps to SIRF demo and connected via BT serial port on com6 and the gps is generating data output, not sure what though. Is there a way to reset the gps, or must this be done at the factory with a cable. Any help or info appreciated.

cheers Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try switching the output of the GPS unit back to NMEA mode, not too sure if SiRF Demo can do this as I have never used it, but the old TomTom GPS driver (vs2,06) from this sites downloads section can and will do just this - Mike
fizzycolabottles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I think the gps is in NMEA mode. I installed TT Gps 2.06 as suggested and connected to the gps but still no joy, I tried gps tweak for ARM processor and tired to set gps to sirf mode but got com error and bluetooth shutdown on my pda , did a reboot and restarted gps tweak and the log was generating data that looked more like it should be and now the gps seems to be working again. will do some more testing tomorrow :D
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fizzycolabottles wrote:
tired to set gps to sirf mode but got com error and bluetooth shutdown on my pda

Its a RFMD chipset, should it do sirf?
fizzycolabottles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right , it wouldn't actually swtich to sirf as its not available, I just tried to see if I could get a response from the gps. It logs data quite happily now but seems to take a long time to get a fix and maintaining a fix also has some accuracy issues. Is there a chance there might be an issue with the antenna. Before it could get a fix inside the building I work in, now it wont.
Don't really want to pull it appart to see if something might have come loose. Think I might send it back for a repalcement.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: