Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 V2.90 now avail from Garmin.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 V2.90 now avail from Garmin.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StellaMaris wrote:
When upgrading to 2.9 with webupdater, that itself got updated. I then used Webupdater for a second time and it suggested that there may be more updates. There were additional voices, so I downloaded them anyway. Again I ran Webupdater and found again that there were more voice updates.

I wonder if you need to do this several times because after the third time, I did get, no further updates available.

Voice has also been updated. It was 2.10, but on checking again it now says version 2.00?!!

Not sure what heppened there.....

i noticed this aswell. unfortunately on the second run the download went wrong, the i3 crashed. Crying or Very sad

when i rebooted it the language had changed to nederlands (belgie).
i checked all the other settings after reselecting english, there were no other changes made. Laughing
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a copy of 2.7 I would be happy to email to anyone who wants to revert to that version... not too many requests though please! Wink
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
BAVC10 wrote:
Trevf

Suggest you e-mail Garmin's Tech Support. If enough of us report the problems they may post 2.70 back on the update page until they work on a fix. I didn't experience the blank screen or delayed map update with beta 2.82 so something seems to have happened with 2.90
I have done that. Hopefully something will happen:S
I'm not sure if this is the case or not but it seems to be... If I change GPS mode to Normal instead og WAAS / EGNOS I seem to be getting much better refreshes. Also I'm not sure but the problem only really seems to be happening on one stretch of road and Roundabout... I drive these everyday and have never noticed a problem before. Is it possible for a GPS signal to degrade in a (small) area? Anyone else noticed this or is it just me imagining things?
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

when i rebooted it the language had changed to nederlands (belgie).

Mine did the same, but spanish. would have been good had i noticed before driving!
Pete7049
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. So does the hard reset solve the screen problem??? Also, if you want to save your favorites, use this free prog: http://www.easygps.com/ . Thank you Easy GPS, you've saved me hours of spinning the wheel, ooo blisters! :D
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only bought my i3 a week ago loaded with 2.70 and loaded 2.90 yesterday. It now tells me to turn well before a junction, sometimes as much as 0.5 miles before. This can't be right! My only other observation (both V2.70 & 2.90) is that the accuracy is nowhere near as good as tom tom. With tom tom, I could accurately assess the road to turn in to as it counted down. The i3 can be 50 feet out. I know the i3 is way cheaper and I like it a lot, but it seems a little haphazard.
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have found that if you use the voice prompts as a guide when to look at the screen it works quite well.
a "turn left" prompt near my house actually means second left. by looking at the screen the issue was resolved.
also bare in mind that if the junction is complicated ie a roundabout the dynamic zoom will come in to play and a quick glance will help. Wink
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The increase distance voice warning of turns is much better than 2.70, however, it does depend of the type or turn. eg Mway junctions or turns with multiple lanes it allows you to select the correct lane safely at an appropriate distance ahead. I found this an issue with 2.70
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saudidave wrote:
The i3 can be 50 feet out. I know the i3 is way cheaper and I like it a lot, but it seems a little haphazard.

do you have WAAS / EGNOS turned on? this should help.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
saudidave wrote:
The i3 can be 50 feet out. I know the i3 is way cheaper and I like it a lot, but it seems a little haphazard.

do you have WAAS / EGNOS turned on? this should help.

What is WAAS/EGNOS?
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
i have found that if you use the voice prompts as a guide when to look at the screen it works quite well.
a "turn left" prompt near my house actually means second left. by looking at the screen the issue was resolved.
also bare in mind that if the junction is complicated ie a roundabout the dynamic zoom will come in to play and a quick glance will help. Wink

I am 53 years old and as is common at that age, I am long sighted. Looking at the screen helps sometimes but often it's not clear enough on an i3
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
Is it possible for a GPS signal to degrade in a (small) area?
It is quite possible to get poor GPS reception in a small area. I have seen the signals go haywire in the vicinity of the Rugby radio transmission site. And of course, the signals may be deliberately disrupted in selected areas by the military.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sussed out WAAS & understand it now. I have turned it on and it makes a difference
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sussed out WAAS & understand it now. I have turned it on and it makes a difference
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else found 2.90 a let down due to blank screen in "view map" mode and slow screen refresh in navigation mode.

Use this link if you want to go back to 2.70 or 2.82

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38429[/quote]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: