Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Submitted New Camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Submitted New Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrummerDudeStu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Submitted New Camera Reply with quote

Ive submitted a new camera to the database (hopefully it was not already there, if so sorry for the hastle)

What happens now, since im new to the site i read somewhere you get free suscription? How does this all work and how long does it take?

Sorry for any questions here they may heve been already answered but i have a New TomTom 700 on the way tomorrow and would like to be able to update it all with the POI's as soon as i get it.

Thanks for any help will be much appreaiated (however you spell that)

Thanks

Stu!
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you will get free subscription until the camera location is confirmed by someone else.

It must also be a fixed (i.e. Gatso type) camera.

I also think you have to already be subscribed to the database to qualify.

Perhaps one of the moderators/staff can confirm this.

Nick.
DrummerDudeStu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for your reply, i took a picture of the new camera itself but could provide images of proof of its whereabouts if needed confimation.

Ive signed up for a monthly membership today anyway but was just curious upon the new camera, if i got any goodies Smile hehe

Thanks nickwolf
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu and welcome to the forums!

And, as always , thanks for your invaluable help Nick!

I include details from our FAQs below:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213

Q. How can I get Free Lifetime Membership?

A. Your active paid subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission. If you are successful we will let you know (there is no need to send us an email to check) and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current paid member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer. The verification process can take about a month, but is often sooner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. I've submitted a brand new camera, but I haven't received my free membership. Why?

A. We get 100s of submissions every month and it is not unusual for new cameras to be submitted by several different people.

You will receive a separate Free Lifetime Membership email if you have submitted a camera that is consequently verified by us and you were the first to submit it. If you don't receive a email, please check http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account every now and then to see if we have extended your subscription. If we haven't, then your submission wasn't successful.

Where the submission was both verified and first, we will of course always extend all memberships automatically whether or not there is email communication, for instance if your ISP blocked our email as commercial.

For general information it is worth noting that we get dozens of incorrect entries (middle of fields, North Sea etc.). These are not malicious, just genuine mistakes with submitters entering the wrong data. So whilst someone is absolutely certain that they've submitted a camera position, it isn't necessarily so that we have included their data.

We also sometimes, though rarely, have to wait longer than we would hope for some cameras to be verified. Overall, we're pleased to report that month on month the quality and volume is increasing, but, by the very nature of the beast, inevitably the odd camera might take a bit of time putting in an appearance.

Hope this helps Smile
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Identifying camera sites Reply with quote

It may help forum members if they know that many counties publish all their camera locations such as
here
Essex gives a map area by area and then give map coordinates af all their cameras, both static and mobile.
If you live in another county, then do a search which might enable you to locate unsubmitted cameras Idea Or, at least confirm the location/s of existing cameras. Wink
DrummerDudeStu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre all ledgends, ill check it out Smile

There is only 1 camera that i have driven past since ive had them (1 day though Laughing Out Loud) which is the one i submitted ;)

The idea is to be careful anyway but just gives me a jog Smile

Thanks for all your help people!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: