Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I programme part of a journey beforehand?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I programme part of a journey beforehand?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygrunt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Can I programme part of a journey beforehand? Reply with quote

Hi,

Recently I used my 'TomTom One' on a long journey ending up in the middle of Manchester and it worked great as usual. However, right at the end of the journey (the last few turnings) I had a problem. The problem was that there were roadworks on a particular road that meant the road was closed and I couldn't follow the TT1. I had been sent detailed instructions on how to get to the address beforehand but I hadn't realised the instructions took me round a closed road and just assumed the TT1 would get me there ok.

Anyway, afterwards, I wondered if I could have programmed that specific part of the journey into my TT1 beforehand (i.e. the night before and saved it as a favourite). I've had a look and all I seem to be able to do is pick a road and specify going 'via' it which isn't very useful as it was only one end of the road that was closed and I would have needed to use the other end of it. I can't seem to specify roads (or parts of roads) to avoid or particular turnings to take.

Is this possible?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, you could the Itinery planning to do what you want have a read of http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=3604&Language=1 this should detail what is needed - Mike
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the "avoid part of route" option. You can do that on the fly and it gives different lengths of "roadworks" to avoid.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
andygrunt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Andy, you could the Itinery planning

That's it! That's exactly what I was after - thanks. Two further questions though...

1 - As I approach waypoint 1 (which happens to be on a junction), does the TT1 still give me audible warnings that I need to turn right? I'm just a bit concerned it might talk about "approaching waypoint' or something rather than letting me know I need to turn.

2 - After constructing a route, is it possible to show the whole route 'line' rather than just the line to waypoint 1?
andygrunt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
There's also the "avoid part of route" option. You can do that on the fly and it gives different lengths of "roadworks" to avoid.

Yeah, I knew about that but wanted a way to set it up beforehand. Thanks anyway.
andygrunt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andygrunt wrote:
2 - After constructing a route, is it possible to show the whole route 'line' rather than just the line to waypoint 1?

Woops - ignore question 2. I had a list of destinations. Changing them to waypoints showed me the whole route.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you set an itinerary, use the "choose point on map". Also zoom in to check that you have the right side of a dual carriageway.

Do not choose, village and town centres, TomTom will only take you to the general area of that village (within 5 miles?) and not actually to the centre.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: