Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator v4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator v4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaz2sxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Navigator v4 Reply with quote

Hi
I have a HP RZ1710 navigator bundle with ViaMichelin v3.2, that works fine and i have had no problems. I have V4.1 CD and when i try to use quick install i get an error "an error has occured in the instalation. please re install"

I did a uninstall before installing v4 and have tried a repair and a uninstall/reinstall. i have emailed michelin but it would be probably quicker to get an answer in here

please HELP!!
DenisW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same issues with Ver4.3 see link

[/url]http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33514

After more than a ten emails demanding a Return Authorisation Number I received an email informing me version 4.4 is expected to be released Wednesday which might cure some of my problems.

I was less than impressed and still requested the return Autoristation unless they can guarantee all the Errors and ommissions have been rectified.

I await their response.

A copy of their reply is attached below:

"Dear Sir,

We would like to apologise the delay in answering. The reason for this is that we, as well, are awaiting the update version 4.4 patch to be released.

We expected the patch to be released in the beginning of this week. But programing of a new patch takes time and the making of this particular patch has because of technical reasons taken longer time than we expected. We have now been informed that the patch will be released on the coming Wednesday.

This patch will indeed fix some of the problems you have been refferring to, which is the reason why we haven't given you an answer yet.

Yours faithfully,

- Customer Relations Department -

Wherever you're going, go ViaMichelin."
shaz2sxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenisW wrote:
I had exactly the same issues with Ver4.3 see link

[/url]http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33514

After more than a ten emails demanding a Return Authorisation Number I received an email informing me version 4.4 is expected to be released Wednesday which might cure some of my problems.

I was less than impressed and still requested the return Autoristation unless they can guarantee all the Errors and ommissions have been rectified.

I await their response.

A copy of their reply is attached below:

"Dear Sir,

We would like to apologise the delay in answering. The reason for this is that we, as well, are awaiting the update version 4.4 patch to be released.

We expected the patch to be released in the beginning of this week. But programing of a new patch takes time and the making of this particular patch has because of technical reasons taken longer time than we expected. We have now been informed that the patch will be released on the coming Wednesday.

This patch will indeed fix some of the problems you have been refferring to, which is the reason why we haven't given you an answer yet.

Yours faithfully,

- Customer Relations Department -

Wherever you're going, go ViaMichelin."

If i can ask where did you get version 4.3 from? i cant see any patches for v4
DenisW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4.3 was the supplied version from Michelin I received it about 8th Jan 06.
shaz2sxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenisW wrote:
Version 4.3 was the supplied version from Michelin I received it about 8th Jan 06.

thats wierd, i have version 4.1 which came with my palm navigator, but i cant see any updates
DenisW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably because it did not resolve the issues in the previous version so Michelin have not released the patch. Crying or Very sad
metroace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had cause to ask ViaMichelin about these version numbers ealrier last month. They said that versions 4, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 were release versions and that at that stage there were no 'patch' releases. From other correspondence here it seems that Version 4.4 is due for release today.

I've just checked the VM site and Version 4.4 is not yet showing as available.
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe what they say ? Their website clearly calls 4.2 a "patch"
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that is for the X-930 and not for the PDA based v4 (although one assumes that the software is actually the same)
Tuomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a question about the 4 intallation. I had Adobe reader 7.07 in my machine when I tried to install the VM 4 software.
It seems that the VM4 installation wants to install Adbore reader 6 to my machine. And don't get very far couse there is a newer adobe already installed.

So I uninstalled the adobe 7, installed VM4 again and it went fine.

Now my question is can I update the adobe 6 to latest version, or do I brake something?
Why does VM4 need adobe reader? During installation it wanted to update some stuff in adobe.

PS. I too get that quick install error.
DenisW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to load adobe 7 without any effect on the Michelin instalation. The adobe installation it attempts can only be to allow the soft manual to be viewed using adobe, the installation should detect you have adobe 7 and not attempt to load adobe 6. This sould be reported to Viamichelin to be added to the ever growing list of known bugs.
Tuomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DenisW.

The installation routine definedly needs some work on VM4..

I had Adobe reader 7 and the installation died on that the first time.
Next it died on the adobe 6 installation (tried to update something and failed becouse the VM4 installation program was still on). So I killed the VM4 installation from task manager - Adobe installed fine.

Now the VM4 didn't start becouse the installation was aborted.
After some manual registry cleaning and booting I finally managed to install VM4, since adobe 6 was already installed.

Only to find that quick install gives me errors and I cant upload any maps to Palm..

Good thing I can use Mapstore to upload maps to Palm.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: