Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Free lifetime subscription
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Free lifetime subscription

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Free lifetime subscription Reply with quote

Hi
Just wondered how long it takes for Free lifetime subscription
If you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position.
(Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.)
As I have submitted several locations using the web site .but have not had a response
Thanks Laughing
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Free lifetime subscription Reply with quote

doc-martin wrote:

We need to receive confirmation from team members or other users before we can accept it to be a new, previously unreported camera.

We do not currently send out notifications when submissions have been rejected because they are duplicates etc. Should we do that?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
doc-martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do people know if cameras have been rejected or duplicated as working on the latest camera download .The cameras I have submitted are not on the database? And unless someone in my area submits to confirm it looks like they will still be off especially the mobile ones as they can change position by 20 yards ??
thanks Rolling Eyes
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 yards is not a problem. Depending on the street the grouping can extend up to 200 yards.

But you are right, if nobody confirms the camera then it will not be included.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Free lifetime subscription Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
doc-martin wrote:

We do not currently send out notifications when submissions have been rejected because they are duplicates etc. Should we do that?

It would be a nice touch if you can. submitters would then know whether they were confirming existing submissions or adding new data, the down side to the idea may be the extra work overhead on the part of PGPSW.

Any thoughts?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this new verification system is going to delay getting new cameras into the system.

It may or may not be difficult to achieve, but may I suggest a "fast-track" for contributions from people with a proven record of reporting cameras in the past? (Maybe "life-timer"s is an easy thing to detect?)

Under the old system I seemed trusted by Oldie to sort out conflicting reports, and it will be irritating to now have to wait to see the results of our labours
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I feel this new verification system is going to delay getting new cameras into the system.

I agree - the main goal of the subscription model is to enhance the quality of the database and ensure the updates are included quickly.

If verification is holding things up then the process needs reviewing.

I put a few in last month it will be interesting to see if these have been included in March's installment.

Chris
doc-martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if there could be an area list of cameras that have been submitted
then submitters would know whether they were confirming existing submissions or adding new data ?
I.e a symbol on the web map of cameras already listed or need confirming

Its just an idea Idea
bobbyjo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it is better to get warned of camera that is not there than not warned of a camera that is there.

Users can then verify them for deletion.

Matt :D
doc-martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update :D

I have just updated my camera data base with the latest download and 7 of the 6 camera positions I sent in are now on the data base yet previously none where on it ??
yet I have not received any confirmation that these are my camera submissions or that I have verified somebody else's ??
please can you tell me which of the above applies, As I have not received one e.mail

thanks 8O

p.s just glad to see them as i drive past Laughing
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get 100s of submissions every month and it is not unusual for new cameras to be submitted by several different people.

Your active paid subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission.

If you are successful we will let you know (there is no need to send us an email to check) and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current paid member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer. The verification process can take about a month, but is often sooner.

You will receive a separate Free Lifetime Membership email if you have submitted a camera that is consequently verified by us and you were the first to submit it.

If you don't receive a email, please check http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account every now and then to see if we have extended your subscription. If we haven't, then your submission wasn't successful.

Where the submission was both verified and first, we will, of course, always extend all memberships automatically whether or not there is email communication, for instance if your ISP blocked our email as commercial mail.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: