Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kirrio for the iPAQ h1930 and mapsonic gps problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kirrio for the iPAQ h1930 and mapsonic gps problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Kirrio for the iPAQ h1930 and mapsonic gps problem Reply with quote

I've installed mapsonic on my iPAQ h1930, but i can't get the gps signal even in test mode, the manual suggest com 1 and bauds 4800 but notting happens!
Since sometimes, as i readed on the manual, it takes some time to get the satellite signal, ma question is : in test mode i get istant signal or i have to wait for sometime?
and : is my gps setting corret? i've installed mapsonic on the memory card.
Thank you
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iPAQ 1930 is not capable of connecting to GPS receivers - no serial port, no CF, no BlueTooth (well, you could use the SD slot if it were SDIO).

There are rumours that you can use a USB-to-Serial converter cable but I have not yet seen that in the flesh.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
eddy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kirro gps kit was selled with the hp 1930 pocket pc, so it should work!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in that case it must have that USB-to-Serial converter cable... and you need to install drivers for it to work. Have you done that?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
AndersLanglo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use port 9 for the iPAQ 19xx. Hope it works for you
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, Im having trouble with my iPAQ rz1710, it works ok in the car, conected to the cradel, but if you try to use it in your hand as a pedestrian would, you just get, " GPS position not reliable"why is it doing this?on the settings/GPS page I am using, GPS Activated, port 1, speed in baud 4800, the status is no fix, no gps, but I have a green tick. The softwear is viamichelin 3.1, from the inserted SD Card.Thanks for any help.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you power the GPS receiver when you are outside the car?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lbendlin, thanks for your reply, I have only had my PDA for a few days so I'm still not sure what I am doing,Laughing Out Loud. The sat nav works ok in the cradle in the car plugged into the cigarete lighter socket, has the cradel got the GPS reciever built in to it?, If it has, is this why it wont work out of the cradel, ie, it's not conected to the gps reciever, I thought the GPS reciever was in the PDA. I only use the built in battery in the PDA, so how would I use the PDA, if I was on foot, would I need a GPS reciever to conect to the PDA, how much are they? I take It there is no way to power the car cradel outside the car, short of carrying a car battery around with you.
Also, sorry another question, I have put the SD card in the PDA, and installed the navigation softwear, it only runs with the SD card in, is this the best way to run it, as a pose to installing all the contents of the card onto the PDA? and I have installed the activeSync, which works ok, but I can't install the rest of the softwear from the disc on my PC, Poi manager etc, The install begins, then it tries to put the navigation program on the PDA, and it says "another instance is already running", or something like that, and it cancells the whole instal. Do I need to take it off the PDA, and install everything from the disc, (the manual says I need to have the PDA conected when I install the programs onto my PC). If I do, How do I delete it from the PDA? Sorry for being so thick, and thanks for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: