Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator - RIP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator - RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator - RIP Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Still no news regarding any form of upgrade, the only news is that there maybe a free update when we purchase map updates.

The free update, if it happens, will fix the outstanding problems that should have been fixed a long time ago....

As predicated the end is near for Navigator.....
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you never know speed cam couldbe d just be a bit premature with that post Wink as darren has indicated already there will be a nav6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Navigator - RIP Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Crying or Very sad Still no news regarding any form of upgrade, the only news is that there maybe a free update when we purchase map updates.

The free update, if it happens, will fix the outstanding problems that should have been fixed a long time ago....

You say this every time an upgrade is due! V6 for PDA's is coming I can assure you.
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Navigator - RIP Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
SpeedCam wrote:

You say this every time an upgrade is due! V6 for PDA's is coming I can assure you.

Why? have they decided they didn't DOWNGRADE it enough last time?

What functionality can they remove this time?

No thanx, this time my money stays in my pocket!
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they will bring TTN3 back again with some new maps and rename it TTN6 which would make quite a few people happy Wink Laughing Laughing

Dave
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Navigator - RIP Reply with quote

Nemesis1 wrote:

I too will not be upgrading straight away. I will let others test it first and then decide which version will best suit my needs.

Ps. TT5 is still the best sat nav out there IMO and that is after taking away some of the features of TT3 Laughing
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Navigator - RIP Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:
Nemesis1 wrote:

I too will not be upgrading straight away. I will let others test it first and then decide which version will best suit my needs.

Ps. TT5 is still the best sat nav out there IMO and that is after taking away some of the features of TT3 Laughing

Agreed.

There's no compulsion to buy a new version as soon as it appears and I too will read reviews and forum posts before making a decision on V6. So far V5 has successfully navigated me to addresses in five European countries so I've no problems with its ability. Functionality might be improved but that's a criticism of just about every bit of software I've ever bought.

And before anyone asks why I upgraded to V5 from a satisfactory V3 - it was because I wanted the additional European maps.
Johnmcl7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used 3 so I don't know what it's like but so far I've been pleased with version 5, occasionally there are mapping errors or the roads have changed but I generally find as long as I use a dose of common sense it's fine. Of course if the hypothetical six did offer something worth upgrading for, I'd definitely consider it.

John
adwivedi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Getting Directions between to Stops in Different States Reply with quote

How do you get directions between Stop A thats in One state and Stop B that is in a different state? I can't seem to figure this out - even though I have MAPS for Both the states loaded on the device, a PPC.
When I installed the app it asked me to select a MAP out of the 2 available. I chose VA, but then if I want directions between VA and Washington DC, even though the map is on the device the application wont let me choose DC.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting Directions between to Stops in Different States Reply with quote

adwivedi wrote:
How do you get directions between Stop A thats in One state and Stop B that is in a different state?

TomTom cannot do cross map routing. You need to load a map that contains both states. The CDs contain lots of different combinations of states.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And before anyone asks why I upgraded to V5 from a satisfactory V3 - it was because I wanted the additional European maps.

Same here and I'll be sticking with TTN5
elyl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems TomTom are concentrating on "value-added" services with each future upgrade. Seems the major new features of the software are just clever ways to make you part with more cash. And those of us in the UK get fleeced, with the most expensive Traffic and Speed Camera "services". But, they charge us what we will pay, and we go on buying the updates.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elyl wrote:
It seems TomTom are concentrating on "value-added" services with each future upgrade. Seems the major new features of the software are just clever ways to make you part with more cash. And those of us in the UK get fleeced, with the most expensive Traffic and Speed Camera "services". But, they charge us what we will pay, and we go on buying the updates.

thats life i'm afraid ,i have now got so used to tt5 i would never go back ,and actually like 5 over 3 the routing is much better ,but the only thing letting 5 down is the number of poi's you can have

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: