Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - samsung d600
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

samsung d600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: samsung d600 Reply with quote

anyone managed to get this working with the tomtom 700

I want to use the bluetooth features from my phone but when i search on the tomtom for phones it finds my

samsung SGH-D600 and then says checking phone features - it does that for a few mins then comes back with a red screen saying :

unable to use this phone.your phone did not report any bluetooth features.
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have been reading other threads on here - seems some have got it working while others aint.If i knew this i would not of paid for the d600 as only brought it yesterday.

My motorolo v525 works perfect with the tomtom700 so why cant a new phone such as the d600 work??

crazy world.
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only taking a wild stab in the dark but..... I tried to connect my D500 (from the same stable and still a thoroughbred Laughing ) to a program via Bluetooth to connect to my Mac computer (somebody has to own one, I have 5 PC`s too Wink ) to operate as a remote control in Front Row (just think of it as a program). It failed to work, and it was definately a bluetooth problem.

It seems the D500, and no doubt the D600, do not use a propriety type of bluetooth connection, though it may work ok for most stuff it will not connect in a lot of programs. I had a choice, change phones or forget the idea. Luckily I use an Acer N35 Pocket Computer for Sat/Nav. Your options look awfully limited, sorry to say. Sad

Steve
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We managed to eventually get my sons D600 to connect up to his Go 500 last night, took a few attempts & had to set the phone to search for bluetooth devices. Once it was set up & set to connect automatically it worked ok for a few more tries with it.
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the info, I tried searching both ways on mine but to no avail. However, it may just help Buddy, as the models are so similar. Instead of searching from the Tom Tom try searching from the phone to lock onto the bluetooth signal. Once locked on, and any password entered on auto, it should then be ok from both ends.

Steve
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok if i do it form the phone it finds the tomtom 700 but it says paired after entering the code then its say connection failed so still no luck yet it does find it.

infact after it pairs it says getting service list then it auto says

connection failed - try again

so looks like im flogging a dead horse im afraid but cheers for your help
Reider and Spark1e

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: