Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed cameras wrong
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed cameras wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: speed cameras wrong Reply with quote

been using the latest database from here since i got it last week and on most roads its fine but over last few days i have changed my route and its telling me there are speed cameras in 250 yards and when it gets to 0 yards i stop to look etc but there is clearly none there.
I get this on 2 roads so if u can tell me how to get the sat position i will post the locations so someone else can check.
All that is there at 1 location is a school crossing patrol with no lights or nothing.

Im on the tomtom 700
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it shows the alert it should say something like ALERT: GATSO 5454. If you get those numbers and then submit them as missing / removed on http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras then they'll be removed when they are verified.

Are you sure these are GATSO locations and not Mobile locations? Mobile locations are not always there (as the name suggests) as they move around from time to time.
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lo m8

they are deffo not there and as for knowing if they are mobile locations im not so sure because all that flashes up is the white camera icon on the screen with the warning.No text comes up at all on mine.

found one its this one:

mobile:12198@30 whatever that means

so cause it says mobile this is a van location with gun is that correct ??
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi buddy2006,

I presume that you’re using the PocketGPSWorld camera database.

PaulB2005 wrote:
When it shows the alert it should say something like ALERT: GATSO 5454.

Unfortunately the built-in proximity alert on the current TomTom software will not tell you what the PocketGPSWorld camera site ID is. However PaulB2005 is correct with the rest of the information.

If you have POI Capture installed on your GO 700, then you can record the location and other details of the new/changed/removed site and send the .OV2 file via the above link.

Alternatively if you browse the map, when you’re out of the car, and find the icons for the missing cameras then you can tap on them to get the unique PocketGPSWorld camera site ID.

As PaulB2005 has already said, if the sites are mobile ones then don't expect them to be always used, the mobile sites are ones where the camera vans frequent on a regular or not so regular period.

Finally, if you are the first to submit details of a new/changed/removed fixed camera site then you will be eligible for the free lifetime subscription.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
found one its this one:

mobile:12198@30 whatever that means

so cause it says mobile this is a van location with gun is that correct ??

Yes it's a mobile site and so only manned at certain times.

mobile:12198@30

Mobile = Mobile site

:12198 is the site id or reference

@30 means it's a 30 mph limit.
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly beats i spy.

submitted six for changes today.

redlight
9326 speed change 30 to 50
9562 speed change 60 to 70
9437 speed change 30 to 40
9704 speed change unknown to 30
all based on the speed limit of the road the cameras are on and not the adjacent ones.

temp
removal of 10365 and 10386 these are in the m60 j8 to j5 widening project that is coming to an end thus the cameras are being removed.
certainly gone before the next update
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
certainly beats i spy.

Good fun innit? It's very satisfying driving past one that you know you were the first to report. It's feels a bit like it's 'your's' Wink
Marlyn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about good fun. Still trying to get my first confirmed camera.Three weeks and I still don't know if you've got it yet. Darren said on another thread that it could be the junk mail filter but have been watching that .....and still I wait Rolling Eyes

Mark
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlyn wrote:
Don't know about good fun. Still trying to get my first confirmed camera.Three weeks and I still don't know if you've got it yet. Darren said on another thread that it could be the junk mail filter but have been watching that .....and still I wait Rolling Eyes

Mark

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, if Hotmail won't deliver our mail it is out of our hands. We send 100s of confirmations though with no problem.

However, and it's a big however Smile I think you may have misunderstood the system (please correct me if I'm wrong). These confirmation emails are purely confirmations that we have received a camera submission. You will receive a separate Free Lifetime Membership email (which may or may not get through!) if you have submitted a camera that is consequently verified by us and you were the first to submit it.

If you don't receive a email, please check http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account every now and then to see if we have extended your subscription. If we haven't, then your submission wasn't successful.

Where the submission was both verified and first, we will, of course, always extend all memberships automatically whether or not there is email communication.

Hope this helps.
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure whats going on but on a dual carriageway nr where i live they have made the lines longer on the road where the speed cameras are.
When i say longer - i mean longer (twice the lenght of the normal lines)

surely the camera wont pick em up this far or they would of done em like this to every camera in the first place.

Also was a team of workers there with the camera and they had a camera set up on the aisle in the middle of the road while they did more markings.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: speed cameras wrong Reply with quote

You sure its not just a temp camera or mobile location, that can be the case depending on what version of the database you downloaded.
buddy2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noep they deffo made hte lines run longer along the road (improving it) this camera has been here for yrs as me and the gf always use that road.so deffo aint a temp.

seems they doing it to all cameras on that road (2 in question)

Manchester road,Rochdale

try a house number round about 500

cameras are a bit up from there

dont know postcode sorry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: