Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POIs on the i3 are all automatically deleted before you load the next set.

So if you have the following POIs

1, 2, 3, 4

and you wish to "delete" POI 3 all you have to do is reload POI 1, 2, and 4. If you then wish to update POI 4 you then reload 1, 2 and 4 (new version)
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version now available 8)

New features:

Warning range expanded to 1 - 60 seconds (FirebladeDreamer)

Approach or overspeed warnings can be individually disabled (richard5, trevf, et al) - the example screenshot above shows the overspeed warning disabled for redlight cameras.

Camera types can be individually disabled - the example screenshot above shows all warnings disabled for temporary cameras (more useful for redlight cameras, as users may have moral issues with these).

Hold down the Shift key while loading the application to restore default settings.

Finally got around to designing a small application icon (for the window title bar and task bar tab).

Download (as always) from here - http://tinyurl.com/qwwwa

Enjoy ;)
FirebladeDreamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash you are a STAR. Many thanks! I'll be giving it a good go this weekend.
deeply_confused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff!!!
SayCheese
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Quick questions... Reply with quote

What a terrific app -- it must have taken a heck of a lot of work.
But please help Mr Thickie here and answer this: Which database do you drop into the window? Is it the one with 23 files? If so, do you drop the files individually or the whole folder?
What happens after that?
Sorry to be so dumb but I keep re-reading the posts and am still puzzled.
craigsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Quick questions... Reply with quote

SayCheese wrote:
What a terrific app -- it must have taken a heck of a lot of work.
But please help Mr Thickie here and answer this: Which database do you drop into the window? Is it the one with 23 files? If so, do you drop the files individually or the whole folder?
What happens after that?
Sorry to be so dumb but I keep re-reading the posts and am still puzzled.

I just learnt this one yesterday myself:

1. After chosing the time settings you want for each camera (defults are fine) drag the whole downloaded camera database (still zipped, as you downloaded it) into the status log box - you will see the files being processed.

2. Plug the Garmin in via USB as normal

3. When the POI loader starts, just click next (after selecting miles and feet / express setup) and the upgraded POI's will be installed and your old ones deleted.

4. This will take about 5 miutes, the egg timer will appear and it may look like its crashed. Bear with it and wait.

5. After about 5 minutes, you will get a message to say 16414 POI's successfully loaded.

Hope this helps.

Craig
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Ash. Many thanks
PHILIP1193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a little confused on this prog.

What settings do i set if i want:

to be warned a good 60 seconds before the site, then repeatedly in 10 second intervauls after that inital warning. (not sure if the second part can be done yet)

I want the speed camera sites to be shown all the time

Also the second warning time (what is this time i know it says over speed but) im still confused

Can some oen help me please

Phil
GrahamCoupar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: C310 & speed camera download Reply with quote

Hello,

I have recently brought a Garmin C310 and have spent ages trying to download the speed camera database. I read through the guidance notes below but still couldnt get it to work. I can download the database to my PC, but now icon is found and the Garmin POI loader says there is no CSV data files (or something along those lines).

Im sure it must be something very basic that Im doing wrong - would anyone be able to let me know what I do need to do so the Loader recognises a file to download??

Cheers
FirebladeDreamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather like to have the overspeed indication only occur if I'm a few mph over the limit. So if I were to:-
1) Open up the zip
2) open up the CSV files and globally substitute the @30 for @33 say, @40 for @43 etc etc
3) Rezip
4) Process the zip file as normal with Ash's utility.

Would this have the desired effect?
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd rather like to have the overspeed indication only occur if I'm a few mph over the limit. So if I were to:-
1) Open up the zip
2) open up the CSV files and globally substitute the @30 for @33 say, @40 for @43 etc etc
3) Rezip

Yes it will work OK as I have done exactly the same thing. Of course the banner on the top of the screen now states 33 mph for the speed alert but that's not a big issue.

For your information I have set my speed alerts to 22, 33, 44, 55, 65 and 75.
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireblader............

Oops, I've just re-read your post. Remember Ash's utility requires the single large gpx file and not the individual csv files you mention.

You can run Ash's utility by dragging and dropping the large single gpx zip file as normal. It will put the separate unzipped and modified gpx files in your POI Loader default directory. At this stage the file will contain the standard speeds for the alert as you set using the utitilty buttons.

You can then open each gpx file individually using any text editor such as notepad or wordpad. I used wordpad and did a "replace all" to change the @30 to @33, then @40 to @44 etc. Then save the file back into your POI LOADER directory. Repeat for the mobile gpx file as you wish.

My next job is to try and separate out the various camera entries by speed and make individual gpx files in a similar way to the csv files. This should enable me to attach a different bitmap icon to each speed so I can go back to the nice speed limit sign instead of the ugly Gatsco camera. :P
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty-Party wrote:
Quote:
1) Open up the zip
3) Rezip

Yes it will work OK as I have done exactly the same thing. Of course the banner on the top of the screen now states 33 mph for the speed alert but that's not a big issue.

For your information I have set my speed alerts to 22, 33, 44, 55, 65 and 75.

I've considered an option to do this, which would add a small margin to the overspeed warning - whilst leaving the red banner displayed the actual speed limit.

The problem arises that most police forces operate within ACPO guidelines (+10% +2mph) and others (notably North Wales) operate a zero-tolerance policy.
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Marty is pushing things to the limit relying on a 2 Mph margin before getting done. I wouldn't want to risk a fixed penalty and 3 points on my license to such a fine tolerance, but I suppose 'you pays your money, and you takes your chance'.

IMHO Ash's application is perfect as it is.
prawn_king
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, does this immense app work for a Nuvi 350, or just the i3?

JF.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: