Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Congestion Charging, prob a stupid question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Congestion Charging, prob a stupid question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Congestion Charging, prob a stupid question Reply with quote

Hello,

I have searched the forums guys but only found a post that was started in 2004 and I have sent an email to ALK asking about this.(still waiting for a reply)

I have just set up a route I am going to be taking this evening and goes rather near the center of London, so I'm not sure if it goes into the congestion charging zone. I have checked the box for congestion charging warning and I am not getting any warnings. Does this mean that I am not going through the charge zone? Question If not do I have to moving for it to warn me. Will copilot enable me to change my route to avoid the congestion charging?

Sorry for all the questions, you might have guessed I am an utter noob when it comes to this. Smile

Thanks for any help in advance and if anyone could get ack to me before I leave work, I would bemost greatful :D

Ernie Confused Confused
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is your destination and where are you coning from?
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Ilford going to tower bridge.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you're coming down the A11 to Aldgate and then onto Tower Bridge, you will not enter the CC Zone.Tower Bridge Road forms part of the boundary as do Mansell Street and Commercial Street (not Road). Travel on them and you aren't in the zone; turn off them to the west and you are.

If you have routing set to warn you if you use the Zone then try setting a route for Liverpool St. Station and see what warnings you get. It is inside the CC Zone. Mind you, charging ends at 18:30 hours anyway. A rough map of the zone can be found here.
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Tim,

I am planning on going down the A11, so hopefully won't hit the congestion charge zone.

I have put Liverpool St station as a destination and a pop up opened to tell me I am going to go through the charge zone, so that bit worked. Smile
But no reroute around the zone, i'm guesing that because my destination is in the charge zone there would be no other way of getting there?

So, I'm getting somewhere now. I know that the congestion charge warning is working I know just have to know if it is possible to reroute around it. Off for some more experimenting Confused Confused

Cheers for the info and help

Tom
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info,

Copilot 6 does do congestion charge avoidance. I put it to the test a couple of times to night and it asked me if I wanted to reroute around the zone.

Although it did try and throw me down a couple of no right turns Confused. Made the guy behind check out his hooter but hey kept him awake. :P

Cheers

Tom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: