Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth Hassle?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Hassle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Hassle? Reply with quote

I have no idea why TTN2 requires so many clicks when used in conjunction with TT bluetooth GPS. I would have to manually switch Bluetooth Manager on, on my Ipaq 2210 and then start navigator.

If I start navigator without activating Bluetooth manually, a screen shows up for me to choose a device. Naturally, I would choose "TomTom Gps" but it would not connect like this! Anybody have a better way of starting TTN2 without so many clicks?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind it's not TomTom that requires it, it's every application. What HP have done (IMO) with the 22xx and 5xxx range of Pocket PC's, and quite possibly Microsoft have a hand in this because they've changed how the BT Stack operates, is made things much worse.

Under a 38xx/39xx iPAQ you never had to perform so many clicks, the BT stack was seperate and not integrated into the OS and everything was much sweeter then. Since going to Windows Mobile 2003, whenever an application tries to access the BT Stack using the valid com port assigned, the BT stack jumps into life and says, here's the devices I can see, which one do you want to pick ?

I agree, it's very annoying, and one I wish I didn't have to go through each time I run up a GPS application, but it looks like it's here to stay. I must say that I don't get any BT stack issues like I used to under PPC2002, so Microsoft have obviously fixed something for the better, but wish there was an option to turn off the BT Mananger connection popup sometimes. Jumping With Joy
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Dave 8)

It's not the popup that annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have them popup and let me choose the device with one simple click, but doing this won't let me connect! Then what's the point of the popup, bah...
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be something wrong with your setup somewhere along the line.

OK I dont use the TT BT GPS but with both the Emtac and GlobalSat whenever I start the application I get the BT Manager popup asking what I want to connect to, one click and I an there.

I have both devices bonded/paired, but that really shouldnt make a difference. Only very occasionaly do I have problems, and that is most often when starting TT and the GPS is not switched on.
Saul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have this same problem too - I now always make sure my bluetooth link is up and running first before I even touch tom2.

I agree it would be nice if I could just click the tom2 icon and be running - Is that to much to ask for ?

Technology for you er ?!?
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB- I'm interested in knowing how you setup your link. I have both devices paired as well, but it's a no go. Does your gps recieve have to have a fix in order for it to work or just turned on?

Saul- Maybe we can somehow get this to work someday...
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup.

I am using an HP 2210 with no patches TomTom 2.24 with GPS driver 2.06.

I use either the GlobalSat BT308 or the Emtac BTGPS. The GPS driver is set to "Emtac Wireless GPS" on "Bluetooth Serial Port COM8".

I switch the GPS on first. It does not need a fix. Then open the TT Navigator application. It requests the device in the BT Manager once then goes straight into the application.

Both my emtac and the GlobalSat are paired.

I always have the BT radio enabled on the PDA, but as long as BT is enabled and the GPS is switched on I have not had any problems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: