Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 Navigate To Address lockup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 Navigate To Address lockup
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpeace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: TTN2 Navigate To Address lockup Reply with quote

Hi.

Although I can input a destination address from Map mode, whenever I tap the "Navigate to" and then "Address" icons from within the Navigator view, the program freezes, displaying the icon screen overlaid on the Navigator footer and header. "Address" icon remains highlighted. Needs soft reset to clear.

"Navigate to" Favourites or Recent Location works fine.

I'm using v2.24 on an iPAQ 5550, and the problem has only appeared today; was working fine before. iPAQ locked up while in TTN and required a soft reset; the issue has been since the reset.

I've tried reloading the application and running integrity adfile has become corrupted somewhere.

Any advice as to how I can resolve this? I'm prepared to do a total removal and reinstall of apps and data if necessary, but only if it's necessary! I'd like to exclude simpler solutions first.

Thanks,

Darren Peace
Reading, UK
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried performing a soft reset before running TomTom Navigator and see if this helps ? It sounds like it may be more of a memory issue.
dpeace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think it's a memory issue, as I have to soft reset anyway to clear the lockup and I regularly have 40MB system memory free when I run TTN2.

Have also tried launching TTN2 immediately after a reset, with the same result.

Darren
dkhdkh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem with the 5550. Did you manage to make any progress?

Thanks,

Duncan
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here on 5450. More recently i installed the (official) PPC2003 upgrade disk. Since then TT2 has been locking up and experiencing random odd failures. for example, the info bar is on at the bottom but when its tapped to return the the navigator screen, it simply goes into a loop of the menu pages.
Also, POIwarner is mis behaving.
Should be cured in next patch hopefully....
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite possible there's some differences in the OS upgrades compared to the newer Pocket PC's. TTN2 has behaved very nicely on my 2210's I have here. I haven't tried POI-Warner, but CheckPOInt I've had the odd problem with where it has exited and when I exit TTN2 via the Navigator Exit button, it will reload, but that's the only problem I've seen.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

No joy, after a hard reset and reinstall of tt2, the problems still persist. I am having to reset the 5450 **every** time i wish to use TT2. Also, the ipaq is killing the backlight after 3 mins no matter what i have the settings set to. this, PPC2003 sucks big time. No apparent speed increases just more problems, shall be reverting back to 2k2 later today.
Folks, it just aint worth the about. Stick to 2k2.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the problem with the upgrades, when WM2003 has been rolled out to new gear, the gear has been tweaked, or the OS has been tweaked for that device and extensive testing has been carried out. I suspect that this same testing isn't as extensive on the upgrades compared to knew units.
Droid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having this problem too. I set up TTN2 for the first time last week; I ended up doing a factory reset and re-install, which didn't help. ipaq 5550, UK map on a Crucial 128MB MMC card and a Royaltek sapphire receiver.

But - today I think I've seen a pattern to it. I thought the lockups were random but now I've found that they always occur after I've powered off with TTN2 running. If I fully exit the program via menu->more->more>exit, before powering off, the problem seems to go away. TTN2 still remembers its last route when you re-start it.

Can anyone else prove or disprove this ?
r6man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be very similar to my problems with Tom Tom. Admittedly with a Dell Axim but also PC2003......
jamesmorell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Grrr! Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm having the same sort of problems as everyone else it seems - using a 5550 with tomtom 2 BT, the bluetooth bit works fine, the maps work fine, but when you try to type in the place you want to navigate to after the second letter of typing it freezes up & you have to soft reset the ipaq. it is, like the steering wheel down my trousers, driving me nuts!
There doesn't seem to be any way of resolving this as far as I can see & to make life worse my boss (who's system it is) wants a folding keyboard as well & tomtom even say that there are problems with this in their manual...
Anyone any ideas?
Droid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my last post I have been ensuring I always quit TTN before powering off, and I've had no further occurence of the problem. I'm now convinced TTN is failing to properly reinitialise. Maybe its simply WM flushing a buffer as it powers up, sending TTN into a spin. Whatever, I'm very unhappy I've had zero response to my web form and email to tech support as this amounts to no support at all.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Some possible fixes. Reply with quote

I used to get this problem and I made several changes that fixed it, but I am not sure which one or combination cured the probem. I still get dissapearing radio buttons from time to time. Sometimes when typing in an address it momentarily appears to hang as it starts to search, but if you stop and wait a few seconds it then comes up with the selections. This takes longer on a larger map.

I think part of the problem is due to the GPS program trying to establish and maintain a connection with the receiver.

The things I did which made the issue go:

Edit the registry for the autostart of bluetooth.
Change the keep device powered on setting in the GPS (the left slider in the options)
Uninstall the TOMTOM~GPS program. (after uninstall it is still there)
Upgrade the bluetooth driver to 1.4.1.58

IPAQ 5550. 256MB HP SD card.
jamesmorell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reg edit... Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips - all set apart from stopping the bluetooth manager popping up... as I've seen elsewhere here, people have been using http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/ to do this, however it appears to be out of action, anybody got any other registry editors?!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Editors Reply with quote

The PHM link you give does work, just don't download the CD Archive version as it seems corrupted.

Another editor is TascalRegedit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: