Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What is the point in charging for the speed camera database?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the point in charging for the speed camera database?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigwel wrote:
Every TomTom dick and ....

Who are you calling a TomTom Dick? Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
dazlia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the point in charging for the speed camera datab Reply with quote

MR_WHITE wrote:
What is the point in charging for the speed camera database, when I have just seen it freely available on about 4 bit torrent sites, after all you can even get TomTom for free! I think charging for the database will kill it.

Mr White.

The 'free torrent' you refer to is not somehting you would just happen to stumble across without actually searching for it. So why look for somehting then complain when you find it?

Are you one of those sad muppets who watches a film all the way through which contains sex and violence............and then complains to watchdog afterwards?

If you dont want to pay then download the torrent ! ?If you do want to pay just pay and shut up !

The database is not compiled by individuals. Its compiled using information that is readliy availalable from the DTTI and is htere to slow popel down hopefully. So its not liekly that they are going to stop doing it. And if they were that strapped for cash they would be charging more than £2.
dazlia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR_WHITE wrote:
Lost_Property wrote:
Quote:
I'll steal his copy of the database, too. And maybe his car, so that if I get caught speeding it won't matter.

His copy will probably be full or viruses.

And careful with the car nej, if £2 is too much for him to pay for the Camera Database, what chance is there of his car being Taxed, Insured and MOT'd? I mean, if he can get it free, why not?

One more thing I just need to comment on this idiots posting, I drive a 02 BMW M3 what do you drive??? And yes it is insured and taxed. And as for viruses if you knew anything about computers you would know that it would be impossible to get a virus on this file type.

Mr White you are a complete muppet ! I dont really need to say anything else. I thiunk your post (above) lets us know enough about you to make up our !

A BMW driver ? An expert on virus's?

You know Censored mate, other than how to sound like a complete Censored ! Laughing Out Loud
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One more thing I just need to comment on this idiots posting

Careful...... I resemble that remark. :P
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigwel wrote:
Its all about making money.. Simple these day!!!!! Why make something that is as good as this free when people will pay for it.. Every TomTom dick and harry will have satnav soon... Nothing in this English world is free... Its callled a BANDWAGON... and they got on it.. Thats why it called RIP OFF BRITAIN..

The only rip off appears to be from you. A first time poster that has never contributed to this database at all and yet expects to get the fruits of the hard work of others free and blames everybody else when he can't 8O

If you want it free it is quite simple - CONTRIBUTE. All you have to do is report ONE new camera and its yours free for ever. I don't call that a rip off at all.

Boy do I feel better now I have got that off my chest :D
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread has reached the end of it's useful life. Any further posts are just going to round and round the same old arguments.

Can one of the mods please lock it? Reading the idiotic posts of the "why should we pay" brigade are doing no good for my blood pressure.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point. Thread now locked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: