Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OV2 POIs no longer work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OV2 POIs no longer work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: OV2 POIs no longer work Reply with quote

Although OV2 POIs worked on my CP 6 when I first installed it, I have now found, after having not used them for several weeks, that they no longer work. In fact, CP 6 won't run with more than a couple of types of OV2 POI in the Save directory. It crashes and - this is the strangest part -when I do a soft reset, the OV2 and BMP files disappear from the Save directory. This happens whether I save them there using the PPC or a card reader.

I have a 1gig SD card and there's acres of space left on it.

I'm going to have to play around to try to see what's happening, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this, or has the answer, please?

8O
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
lynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was going crazy ... I put some OV2 files on my SD card and then later noticed that they weren't there ... I just figured my memory had failed me and I really hadn't put them there but I forgot about the soft reset.... may need to a copy in a seperate directory in case you need to reset then copy them back.

My POI's still work (as long as they are there).
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lynn. I'm glad you're not going crazy, but I'm not so sure about me!

My problem is that every time I copy the OV2 files to the Save directory, Copilot hangs up on the next launch and I have to do a soft reset. When I do, the OV2 files have disappeared, so I'm stuck. It happens with all my speed camera files, but not to my Tesco and Sainsbury Supermarket POI files.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
lynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the Custom POI's on CoPilot to be very frustrating. I have never gotten them to work as advertised. I keep hoping that the "fix" will be released while I'm still young enough to remember what I was trying to do. Wink

Lynn
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
Thanks, Lynn. I'm glad you're not going crazy, but I'm not so sure about me!

My problem is that every time I copy the OV2 files to the Save directory, Copilot hangs up on the next launch and I have to do a soft reset. When I do, the OV2 files have disappeared, so I'm stuck. It happens with all my speed camera files, but not to my Tesco and Sainsbury Supermarket POI files.

You may already know this, but it will take additional 4-5 minutes to lauch CP6 the first time you use it after installing OV2 files in the Save folder.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Redhotorange, who writes:
Quote:

You may already know this, but it will take additional 4-5 minutes to lauch CP6 the first time you use it after installing OV2 files in the Save folder.

I didn't know, but discovered it yesterday when I decided to leave the PPC on its cradle to see if it eventually came back to life. I think that the delay must be while CP 6 somehow processes the OV2 files for CP 6's use. Presumably that deletes them from the Save folder and puts them elsewhere, perhaps in a different format.

I'm still not sure about this, as at least one category of POI still disappears from the Save folder but does become available in the CP 6 POI lists. It may well be something I am still doing wrong, so I'll post again when I'm sure one way or the other.
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
Thanks to Redhotorange, who writes:
Quote:

I didn't know, but discovered it yesterday when I decided to leave the PPC on its cradle to see if it eventually came back to life. I think that the delay must be while CP 6 somehow processes the OV2 files for CP 6's use. Presumably that deletes them from the Save folder and puts them elsewhere, perhaps in a different format.

I'm still not sure about this, as at least one category of POI still disappears from the Save folder but does become available in the CP 6 POI lists. It may well be something I am still doing wrong, so I'll post again when I'm sure one way or the other.

The link (near the end of note) below explains the delay and what CP6 does to the VO2 files.

Link to ALK Site
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhotorange, thanks for the information.
BigPaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Slow OV2 files Reply with quote

If you put OV2 files into the right directory they are "absorbed" the next time your run Copilot. This removes the OV2 file and associated bmp file and adds data to the AO* files, which is what takes the time when you reboot.

If you want to start again/update delete all the AO* files, reload the OV2 and BMP files (you did keep a copy?) and go round again.

My problem is my MIO-168 is not "absorbing" large OV2 files ~ e.g. the speedcamera overview OV2 which is about 250K. I also created an OV2 of pub locations (plenty of gaps) which is also 250k and also not being "absorbed".
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, BigPaul. It sounds as if you have the answer to why I'm getting some POIs and not others.

Yes, I still have the files. TomTom reads OV2 files directly, so I have them in the appropriate TomTom directory. I'll try starting from scratch as you suggest.
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed: Copilot takes a few minutes longer to load after copying the OV2 file over as it loads up the POI's. It also deletes the OV2 itself after loading them. If you need to delete the files manually here is a link to a post detailing which files.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33184&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: