Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Streetpilot I3 crashes after load of speed cam POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Streetpilot I3 crashes after load of speed cam POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madskipper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Streetpilot I3 crashes after load of speed cam POI Reply with quote

I added the speed cam POI and a couple others but now when I go to custom points my unit shuts off. It also can't connect to satilites now. I tried the reset which seemed to have worked but my unit still crashes. Is there a fix for this.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Streetpilot I3 crashes after load of speed cam POI Reply with quote

madskipper wrote:
I added the speed cam POI and a couple others but now when I go to custom points my unit shuts off. It also can't connect to satilites now. I tried the reset which seemed to have worked but my unit still crashes. Is there a fix for this.

Welcome madskipper. It could be that your unit is protesting against you paying fo the latest database!!!
madskipper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almahadeus are you joking? It is suposed to take POIs with the loader. There must be some way to get it to least work. As I said it won't even pick up a satilite. I have only had the unit for a couple of days.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been through the Garmin for Dummies and the FAQs and info threads? It is all there.
Beerbellybill999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had something similar on my unit. You may have a currupt POI file. Try and reload a file that you know works as this will overwrite the file.Hopefully this will solve it

In my case I couldn't even do this and my unit kept reseting everytime I tried to load new POI. It was sent back to Garmin who diagnosed a faulty transflash card and replaced it and everthing is now fine.
madskipper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks the problem must have been a currupt file. I couldn't rewrite on it either because my unit kept reseting. I only had the unit for a couple of days, so I should be able to possibly swap it.

The trouble is I think I will be affraid to load any POI flies to it after this experience.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: