Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - volume setting for tomtom when using pocketmusic and iriver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

volume setting for tomtom when using pocketmusic and iriver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helen123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: volume setting for tomtom when using pocketmusic and iriver Reply with quote

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me with the correct volume setting on my pda when i use tomtom 5.2 and play music in pocketmusic. I currently have three volume setting.

1) the volume control on the today screen
2) the volume in pocketmusic program
3) the volume in when in tomtom

the problem is....when i am using the fm transmitter (iriver) and enter Tomtom, the quality of the music is distorted as the volume is increase. i need to go back to the today screen and lower the volume there in order to have the quality improved. and when i enter Tomtom again and after a beep goes off (camera warning) the volume is distored again.Sad

does anyone have this problem? thanks......Helen
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen, go to preferences (within TomTom) and select the volume to 100% then deselect the check box for "Link Volume to car speed" and give it another try - Mike
helen123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks mike for your quick reply....i'll check it later tonight when im out....i'll message you to tell you if its work.. thanks once again.
helen123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: problem continues Reply with quote

Mike-'ve tried and the problem still persists. but, it even happen before i enter tomtom...i have a feeling its to do with my pocketmusic now. the reason why i am using this software is becaue windows media player does not jump to the next song when in tomtom. using pocketmusic while in tomtom Will jump to the next song but when the next songs plays...the quality is poor and i need to change the volume either in tomtom or the today screen (increase or decrease volume) to improve the quality again. i need to change the volume everytime a songs starts. any suggestions? thanks
helen123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: setting Reply with quote

oh, would it have anything to do with the setting in pocketmusic?
the file caching, or decoder thread priority?
Trailblazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

Hi Helen.
I am having the same problem here also.

I use a motorbike, and i have the in ear heaphones. Either the music is soft, and the voice deafening etc, and cannot mange to lower the tomtom voice.

I think the problem is that the tomtom voices are saved as higher volume than music.

I am trying to find prog at moment, to resave the tomtom voice at a lower volume so it either doesnt deafen or distort the volumes. If i crack it ill let you know.

TT5 works grewat and Pocketmusic is fantastic. especially if it will work together .. Laughing Out Loud
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Trailblazer,

why not try and record your very own Tomtom voice. I presume that you will be able to record this either louder or softer, depending on prefernces.

Here's the link:

http://tomtom.graemelucas.co.uk/

Good luck!!
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: