Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Still waiting in anticipation for my free membership.

No original e-mail, and no reply from dataalreadysubmitted at pocketgpsworld dot com

Apologies for the delay. MikeB is out at the TomTom offices all day today. He will be processing many more on his return tonight. We will keep our promise to process camera submission and PayPal donater memberships all within 5 working day (famous last words, eh?!) Most are being processed with 24 hours.

We will make sure that no-one gets forgotten.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apologies for the delay. MikeB is out at the TomTom offices all day today. He will be processing many more on his return tonight. We will keep our promise to process camera submission and PayPal donater memberships all within 5 working day (famous last words, eh?!) Most are being processed with 24 hours.

We will make sure that no-one gets forgotten.

Thanks Rob for your quick reply.
Liam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid my subscription last might and also received a 'Downloadcameras' file. Tried it again at work this morning and got the right ov2 file and loaded it with no probs.
However, when I drove from the M40 to the M23 this morning the variable gatso's on the M25 were fine as per last months version. Coming back 2 of them had gone from being on the right side to being on both sides!

I'll submit the appropriate delete camera report.
probie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: POI Sync Reply with quote

HELP.

I have parted with my Money for a 1 yr sub, and downloaded the latest OV2 for my TT5, is it possible under the new system we will be able to use POI Sync ? as at the moment it only checks last months (release date of 8thfeb)

Or Have I missed the plot !

Probie Rolling Eyes
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wannabyourhero wrote:
I suspect there might be quite a few of us that have submitted cameras in the past and enjoyed pleasant replies back from Oldie in Farnham but not received our free subscription.
I'd be amazed if I could find them after all this time so might be hard to comply with all the requirements - not sure I even sent attachments - as I vaguely remember I used to type out Lat and Longitude.

I am still around ;) so if you email cameras@... then I will look through my records. Remember to give the email address that you would have used when you sent in the update.

Richard
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,
I am glad you are still around because most of our contact was via your GPS Utilities email address so I am not sure the admin from this site will have copies.
I hope you can remember me supplying a complete list for the West Mercia Police area.
I have sent some copies of emails to the suggested address above and am looking forward to a reply soon.

Nick.
adventurer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

I also sent you 2 to 3 cameras on one occasion quite a while ago, I also sent them to your e mail address and I hand typed the co-ordinates.

If PGPSW are offering to all users that have supplied camera information in the past free lifetime database access, then I would have expected them to have all the details of members that have contacted you.

This must be the case as I did not recieve any email from them and when I did send further details to them I have still as yet not recieved any email from them.

What details would you need from me to help your quest?

Thanks

Rob

GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS - BT 338

Now IPhone 4 with Tom Tom
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickwolf wrote:
I.....am looking forward to a reply soon.

I have had my reply, that was quick.
Thanks
Nick.
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Download problem Reply with quote

galaxy111 wrote:
Hi, I’ve just signed up for one months subscription and have downloaded the UK safety cameras data base for Tomtom (OV2 format)

All I received was a single file of unknown format (size 114 KB) called ‘downloadcameras’. Is this correct?

It is not recognised and won’t open up with any application. I would have expected a zip folder containing the OV2 files. I have not made any attempt to load it onto my Tomtom GPS until I have confirmed that it's OK.
I still can't dowload files from the camera database. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Download problem Reply with quote

galaxy111 wrote:
I still can't dowload files from the camera database. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

If you type 'Firewall' into the Search page, the first three Threads might be able to help you.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adventurer wrote:
Hi Richard,

I also sent you 2 to 3 cameras on one occasion quite a while ago, I also sent them to your e mail address and I hand typed the co-ordinates.

If PGPSW are offering to all users that have supplied camera information in the past free lifetime database access, then I would have expected them to have all the details of members that have contacted you.

This must be the case as I did not recieve any email from them and when I did send further details to them I have still as yet not recieved any email from them.

What details would you need from me to help your quest?

Thanks

Rob

The email address that you used to submit the updates is the key. If you send an email to cameras@... giving the details then I will look it up. I created a list of submitters and passed this on to PocketGPSWorld but if you now use a different email address then that could be the problem.

Richard
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Download problem Reply with quote

galaxy111 wrote:
galaxy111 wrote:
Hi, I’ve just signed up for one months subscription and have downloaded the UK safety cameras data base for Tomtom (OV2 format)

All I received was a single file of unknown format (size 114 KB) called ‘downloadcameras’. Is this correct?

It is not recognised and won’t open up with any application. I would have expected a zip folder containing the OV2 files. I have not made any attempt to load it onto my Tomtom GPS until I have confirmed that it's OK.
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: download problem Reply with quote

Has anyone out there been able to download the new speed camera databases successfully or are you all getting the document files instead of the zip files. help Confused
Tomcat911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: paypal account Reply with quote

Hi
I wish to update my membership to enable me to downlod the speed camera db.
I am unable to see how to update my membership using my paypal account.

This is from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

Please help?

Thank you
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: download problem Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
Has anyone out there been able to download the new speed camera databases successfully

Yes.
Can't think how to help, it just happens.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: