Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrox32 wrote:
Is the camera database compatible with tomtom one 5.42 software. Don't want fancy voice alerts or speed alerts. Just an icon and bell or noise will do?

It is as are the voice alerts. Currently our POI-Capture utility is not but that is all.
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent. Cheers.
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Downloading camera zip files Reply with quote

Still trying to download files but with no success.Have tried turning off Google task bar pop up blocker but no different. Strangely had no problem downloading camera warning voices??????
Have temporarily got over the problem by getting my son to log in as me and downloading the consolidated file and then Crying or Very sad emailing it to me, but I would prefer a more permanent solution so I can get access to the split files. Any idea of when the problem miight be sorted?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Downloading camera zip files Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
Still trying to download files but with no success.Have tried turning off Google task bar pop up blocker but no different. Strangely had no problem downloading camera warning voices??????
Have temporarily got over the problem by getting my son to log in as me and downloading the consolidated file and then Crying or Very sad emailing it to me, but I would prefer a more permanent solution so I can get access to the split files. Any idea of when the problem miight be sorted?

We're struggling to identify a common cause. Zone Alarm seems to cauzse some issues and there is a config change to this that resolves the issue for those users. However as far as Browsers and OS's go, nothing seems to be common to all those who have problems.

Only a very few are having problems out of many thousands but we're continuing to look at this in an effort to find the root cause.
nobbybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: tomtom nav 5 and data base?? Reply with quote

i used to use tomtom nav 3 and checkpoint for the speedcameras , i have now upgraded to tomtom 5 but it seems that i cannot use checkpoint anymore without upgrading to 5.10 or 5.20 does the same aply if i use tomtoms own poi warnings and manually add the bmp and ov2 files from pocketgps database
thanx
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the inbuilt TomTom POI warner within version 5,0 if you load the files across to your device (ov2 and bmp), but why not upgrade to the latest version of TTN5,21? then you have the choice of using the inbuilt system or CheckPOI5 (for warnings - not POI loading at the moment) - Mike
nobbybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote

thanx mike i might just do that later just wanted to give the tomtom warner a try. 1 question from what i understand its just a case of pasting the bmp and ov2 files onto the uk map file on my sd card is that right .
once again many thanx
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - you just copy and paste the files you need to the GB map folder on the memory card, once you get to configuring the warnings within TomTom you might be a tad disapointed though as they are just bells and other noises, if you want true spoken alerts then thay can be downloaded from this site http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-poi-alerts.php or try the other ones from www.tomtomsatnav.info (Real voice warnings), read up on the subject first and make sure you back up your unit BEFORE messing with any of this though, it is worth it in the long run though - Mike
nobbybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok mike ill give it a go and let you know how i get on (but if i get a ticket i will hold u personally responsible Laughing Out Loud ) thanx for such a prompt response, which was unexpected as the time on my post was about 4am its 740pm here uk thought you were somewere warm and exotic.
cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobbybob wrote:
(but if i get a ticket i will hold u personally responsible Laughing Out Loud ) Only if I am at the controls would this stick in a court of law :D Wink
thanx for such a prompt response, which was unexpected as the time on my post was about 4am its 740pm here uk thought you were somewere warm and exotic.
cheers
As for the time you have displayed go to your profile and change it to a more suitable time zone - I wish I was some where exotic, but I doubt Blackpool qualifies for this (I should know) - Mike
gkm24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Is it just me? Reply with quote

I downloaded the camera database and installed it on my Garmin 2720 and all seems well but I need to know one thing. When coming up to a camera the garmin "dings" and a speed flashes up, usually 31 or 34 mph. What does this mean? It even comes up if I am going slower than the trigger speed for the camera. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
operasinger
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Also having problems downloading new Feb. database.
"IE was unable to open Internet site. Requested site is either unavailable or could not be found. Please try again later." pop up screen appeared.
Disabled ZoneAlarm - same result.
Tried several browsers - same result.
Any other suggestions please?
jspss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been rele Reply with quote

I too am having a problem wwith the new speed camera file. When I download file i just get one file "downloadcameras" when I click on it my computer asks me what I want to open it with. If I choose say notepad the file is just code. The file I have downloaded is not a zip file and has no file extension ie . zip .doc ect
What is the problem please.

MikeB wrote:
glynnk wrote:
THERE ARE NO ZIP FILES AVAILABLE TO DOWN LOAD FOR THE SAFETY CAMERAS { OV2 & BMP} FROM THIS SITE IT IS JUST A DOCUMENT FOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP

glynnk

What options are you using to download the data?

When you say just a document folder do you recieve a zip file that is empty?
Quote:
operasinger
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Camera file download problems Reply with quote

Have answered my own question by trial and error.
Downloaded Camera files successfully using Opera browser.
No problem works staright away.
storming1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Co pilot 6 gizmondo Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knows how to make the co pilot 6 software compatible with the pocketgpsworld camera database???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: