Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [i3] Upgrade to V8 maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[i3] Upgrade to V8 maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Another satisfied customer here... posted it late on on Tuesday... back today (Friday).

I asked the Post office for a Certificate of Posting, which is issued free, when I sent it, and Garmin used the envelope I enclosed to return it.

It came from Romsey, and although it was a SanDisk card it was not the same one I sent them... that doesn't bother me at all though. As others have mentioned it was packed in a nice little plastic case, wrapped up in a compliments slip advising me that it has been updated to the latest mapping ( V8 ) free of charge.

Good service from Garmin I reckon, and an example to many others!
DaveF1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this qualify as a record ?

Sent my transflash card to the Freepost Garmin address on Saturday, went to the Post Office and sent by Special Delivery (£4.10). The woman behind the counter raised an eyebrow at the address but accepted it as OK.

Checked the tracking page on the Royal Mail website this morning (Monday) - was shown as still pending delivery. Checked it lunchtime - shown as my local sorting office have failed to deliver to my home address and have left a "while you were out" card. Doh !

I'm off to the sorting office tonight to have words Stop it!

It's cost me 4 quid to send something to my home address via my local sorting office !!!!!!
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you early adopters have tried out V8 - is it worth upgrading?

Obviously if its free then its not costing me anything but I'm a bit concerned that at least 2 people have inadvertently enriched a couple of thieving posties.

I know that Garmin have replaced the missing items but they are not obligated to do so and if (when?) it gets to endemic proportions they won't be able to continue doing so.

So - what are the differences?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big hats-off and thank-you to Garmin - posted on Monday, returned by Special Delivery on Friday 8)
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampered envelope Reply with quote

parmo wrote:
I got my card back today, at least I would have done if the envelope hadn't been tampered with. There was a small slit down one side of the envelope and a compliments slip inside but no card. Sad

I rang Garmin and they're sending a replacement. I'd be interested to know if anyone else's card has gone missing in this way.

Never mind the small slit my envelope was totally ripped apart and placed in a nice little P.O. bag with an appologie on it, no card inside of course. Phoned P.O. "very helpfull" NOT, told to contact sender as nothing they could do,told her weeding out the theiving Censored in their company might help. Rang Garmin 10/10 replaced card at no charge.

What if they hadn't, how much would we have to pay for a new card, because if this is a common prob surely Garmin will eventualy say enough is enough and not replace f.o.c.
Mr_Gonzales
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted mine before Easter and it turned up middle of last week. Suppose it's due to the backlog of Easter post. Still pretty fast and with the special delivery they sent it by (as well as doing it for free when I've had the thing for so long) it's a big hats off to Garmin. :D
Attercop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never posted before but i've been following some of the news here, especially the map upgrade.

Well i posted my transflash on Tuesday, Special Delivery £4.10 (for the insurance), and got it back in a nice little case this morning (Saturday).

Excellent service by Garmin. I'd also like to thank everyone involved here a lot because i just wouldn't have known without you guys.

Keep up the great work
Pootle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted mine Thursday got it back today. I have never registered my i3 and bought it October last year so a result on all accounts. As the previous poster thanks to all the bods here else I would have not known about the update.
suffolkvtr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do i check what version mne is running only bought it 2 weeks ago, BUT it seems to be runing fine, so i may just leave it, downloaded all the updated poi's and speedcameras though! cheers
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into Settings, click on Map, then Map Source and it will display which map is loaded and the version.
Samsung Galaxy S21
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent Monday, freepost, back Saturday by registered 1st class mail, didn't cost me a penny (well, other than 2 envelopes).

Many thanks Garmin Clap - are there any other Sat Nav companies that would do anything similar?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: