Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [i3] Upgrade to V8 maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[i3] Upgrade to V8 maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattS3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent mine on Tuesday last week and got it back on Friday. 3 days aint too bad ! :D
attic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent mine on Tuesday too - got the updated version on Thursday.
Wish everyone had service turnaround times like that...
fartyass
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted mine Friday afternoon (expect they got it on the following Monday)returned on Tuesday. WELL DONE GARMIN, THANKS
laracroft1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted Monday, using the freepost, returned Friday :D

Not noticed much difference, many roads are still mising from motorway exits to village roads Sad

Speed camera database still unreliable eg established cameras receive no bong bong bong ...

Still worth its weight in gold.
BERT_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laracroft1 wrote:

Speed camera database still unreliable eg established cameras receive no bong bong bong ...

That's another problem entirely though as the speed cameras are only POI's and completely separate from the maps you use.

Are the camera's definitely in the database?
laracroft1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its not related, just a comment...

POIs loaded fine, the majority are picked up just like previous versions of the database but some are not. Unlikely to be caused by loss of signal as this is on a city bypass in open countryside.

Still a great device that has made driving with the wife pain free Laughing

1st class service from Garmin whether V8 maps are much different from v7 or not!
BERT_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laracroft1 wrote:
I know its not related, just a comment...

POIs loaded fine, the majority are picked up just like previous versions of the database but some are not. Unlikely to be caused by loss of signal as this is on a city bypass in open countryside.

Hmmmmm, does it "bong bong" for any of the cameras? If not, then it might be worth trying:

1) Check your i3 settings, there should be a setting for "Proximity Alerts". This will need to be on.

2) Reload all your speed camera POI with a fresh download from pocketgpsworld.

3) Your voice file might be corrupt resulting in missing prompts. Try this thread for a fix : http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=182451

4) Possibly reload your firmware as a last solution.

Hopefully one of these might be of help.
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: 'Bong-Bong' overides 'Turn Left' Reply with quote

On my Garmin i3, I find that the 'Bong' 'Bong' for the camera warning overides and takes priority over the GPS voice instructions if the two just happen to coincide, which is just how I would want it. My license is more important than taking the odd wrong turn.
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay got mines today!! im happy i have a brand new card thanks garmin.. and so far tested and it works like the v7, just need to test it on new roads. Laughing .. one more thing even though it recorded delivery i didnt have to sign for it it was posted through the door think the postie must have signed it himself Rolling Eyes
parmo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Tampered envelope Reply with quote

I got my card back today, at least I would have done if the envelope hadn't been tampered with. There was a small slit down one side of the envelope and a compliments slip inside but no card. Sad

I rang Garmin and they're sending a replacement. I'd be interested to know if anyone else's card has gone missing in this way.
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampered envelope Reply with quote

parmo wrote:
I got my card back today, at least I would have done if the envelope hadn't been tampered with. There was a small slit down one side of the envelope and a compliments slip inside but no card. Sad

I rang Garmin and they're sending a replacement. I'd be interested to know if anyone else's card has gone missing in this way.

Id pin that one on royal mail.. lots of postman taking the nowdays.. probably because their busy with ebay stuff etc
laracroft1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Bert-Uk,

I think you may have picked me up wrong. The i3 works perfectly, v2.7. My only observation was that v8 maps are still wildly out of date and (perhaps!?) the speed camera database is not that accurate... It bongs for 99% of cameras but not for some that have been there for years (on th A1) there are no slip roads nearby, tree cover, POIs reloaded etc... As newer databases have been released you expect them to have been included...

Bit off topic...

It is still a fantastic product which cost peanuts.

Cheers
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laracroft1 wrote:
but not for some that have been there for years (on th A1)
Quote:
As newer databases have been released you expect them to have been included...
if you can pinpoint the camera on www.streetmap.co.uk or www.multimap.co.uk then please report them via the link on the left of this forum which should mean they will appear in the next database and be available for everyone. Remember the database here is mainly sourced from us users reporting the cameras - if you are the only person in your area using the database then only you can report them. I reported many new sites in my area a year or two back and hope that everyone benefits from this now.
BERT_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laracroft1 wrote:
Dear Bert-Uk,

I think you may have picked me up wrong. The i3 works perfectly, v2.7. My only observation was that v8 maps are still wildly out of date and (perhaps!?) the speed camera database is not that accurate... It bongs for 99% of cameras but not for some that have been there for years (on th A1) there are no slip roads nearby, tree cover, POIs reloaded etc... As newer databases have been released you expect them to have been included...

Bit off topic...

It is still a fantastic product which cost peanuts.

Cheers

That's OK. I just thought I'd cover any possible reasons why it might not work assuming that the camera database was correct.

If these cameras aren't in the database then it might be worth your while reporting them to pocketgpsworld as it could earn you a free subscription or extend your current subscription.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras
andspenka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sent mine away last Thursday and I got it back yesterday(Wed).

I've uploaded all my POI's and speed cameras etc and it's working fine.

Great Service Garmin.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: