Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speaker volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speaker volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: speaker volume Reply with quote

Using your PDA as an MP3/CD player is the best way and broadcasting this to the car stereo. Highly illegal though.
Stevie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: speaker volume Reply with quote

With the voice commands coming through the car speakers with the MP3 music playing is a much nicer experience as the voice commands are clearer and sound a little less harsh and perhaps a little sexier!
russgunn
Regular Visitor

I can confirm that it sounds very sexy!
flyingrigger
Occasional Visitor

Is there any way to put my Navman/iPaq's speech thru the car speakers? would it also be possible to somehow wire it into the handsfree car kit, so that the radio would mute whilst TomTom talked to me ????
russgunn
Regular Visitor

Oh dear, you may have opened up a can of worms here!

Some have tried to route the voice commands from their PDA's to the telemute function of a mobile phone system, but I think by the time the system cuts off from when it first hears the command, you've already lost the first part of the command!

If you could go into a bit more detail first though it would help. What iPAQ? What car stereo?

I myself have just routed my 3.5mm jack to a CD Shuttle interface for my Pioneer headunit. Now I have all voice commands through the Aux input and out through my ICE.

tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

I dont have an aux input on my Car CD/Radio but those of you that do that does the aux input merge with radio or CD. I assume you have to set radio to aux and then you only hear what Smart St is saying.

Am I right?

I guess you could play MP3's on the Navman in the background, does that work?

onbashi
Regular Visitor

yes it does work, but as dave mentioned it is illegal, dont ask me why, it just is.
you can also use walkman amplified speakers, just use the speaker with the controls on it and cut the other one off, this way you have volume control, so you can adjust it when the stereo is playing...
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Illegality of FM modulators was covered in detail in this thread.

I had posted some thoughts on using phone mute connectors for navigation, but I think that post may have disappeared from the forums since the rebuild - I can't find it to reference it. My essential conclusion was that using the phone mute connector was impractical, as most radios (including, for certain, mine) don't switch fast enough to the phone input when signalled to do so.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: