Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST Pro V1 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST Pro V1 Map Errors
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SmartST Pro Map Errors Reply with quote

Hmm well my experience so far with SmartST has been that it is anything but smart. Going from Dartford to Bournemouth via A282/M25/M3 the damn thing sent me down the M25, then M3, then decided to put me back on the M25 again .....?? and then onto the A282 where I started! My wife was delighted "see maybe I'm not such a prat at map reading after all, even your high-tech software can't get it right" and so-on ad nauseam! As it happened I knew the route anyway so it wasn't a problem, but had I been relying on the software I would have been completely confused.

So I now have to decide wether to send it back or wait until the software faults are fixed. But it does appear that once again the software has been released with faults.

It also seems a huge disadvatage not to be able to choose a route via specified locations rather than just the destination.
Tekkytyke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SmartST Pro Map Errors Reply with quote

M1 South Yorkshire Southbound. SmartST SP1 latest patch routes OFF M1 onto Catcliffe link towards Sheffield then part of the way down routes back up the Catcliffe link back onto M1 a detour of several minutes. This has nothing to do with the Tinsley viaduct running underneath the Motorway since that is the previous junction

(Screenshot to follow)

clivers
Regular Visitor

i noticed the blue bug on mine near whitby. i see the service pack is up to version 1.91.0044 now so i'll update mine and see if it still exhibits the same symptom
TonyH
Occasional Visitor

We all seem to be of the same opinion

Generally the Navman 630is ok except for the inability to select road preferences, the blue bug problem, instructions to leave UK motorways with a right turn command? and of course the incorrect exit being given on roudabouts

Hopefully Navman will provide a fix/upgrade shortly with a resulting excellent system
Tekkytyke
Occasional Visitor

Travelling down the coast from Sunderland toward Whitby 1/6/2003 whole are of North Yorkshire to the West of Whitby still displaying blue bug. I versioninstalled 1.91.0041 SP1 running.   I thought they had fixed this??
carl
Occasional Visitor

I dont know if it is a map or map/software combination error, but as you can see from another post to this forum I have found that the updated SmartSt Pro is unaware of ferries in Bohuslän, Sweden. Using the Navman software to plan a route on the Swedish West Coast is thus pointless.
Hamish
Occasional Visitor

OK, I didn't know that... Feel foolish now !
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Dunno, what do you want to say? That complex roundabout layout has been called the Scilly Isles roundabout for as long as I can remember.

Hamish
Occasional Visitor

I was in Esher, in Surrey. What more can I say?!
Hamish
Occasional Visitor

Great one this! Driving south on the M6 through the West Midlands, it wants to take me off at junction 10 (left picture), onto the A454, 180 deg. round a roundabout, back along the A454 to junction 10, to continue my route.

And because I ignored this direction, it them wanted me off at junction 9 (right picture) to go back up the motorway to junction 10 in order to fulfil its first bizarre direction!
Mark W
Occasional Visitor

I am finding that my IPAQ 3760 and Navman software release 1.09.170 (?) for the GPS 3420 is 2 miles off when loading an address from the dropdown list. This is occurring on more than one destination, but not all.
piranha
Occasional Visitor

Funny thing that NavMan ppl forgot about Key West (Florida). There is currently no way to create route there. I tested it from Miami. The message tells you that there is no continous road between origin and destination, where in reality you have beautifull 160 miles of scenic US1. I sent report, let's see if they react in any way. I guess such great destination as Key West deserves it's routing info to be correct.

Driver Feedback Submission:

Navtech Submission Number: DF9354

Creation Date: 19-Feb-2003

Zip or Postal Code: 33126

Product Information

Product:

Region: DCA 9 South East

SubRegion: 9.1 Florida

System Information

Product Information: nav system user

CD/DVD Version: Navman SmartST professional usa

System Brand: pocket pc/ipaq 3800

Location of Potential Error

City: big pine key

State: Florida

Address: unknown

Zip or Postal Code:   unknown

Type of Error:   Change - Driving Instructions

Attachment: zip file with screenshots

Problem Description:

Please see attachment. Pic iasnap001.jpg shows

the possible place of the problem. What I tried

to do is to generate route from 300 Biscayne

Blvd Way, Miami, Fl 33131 to Key West (any

location), but I was getting msg from the screen

iasnap003.jpg . By trying different locations I

noticed that the area of problem is as on

iasnap002.jpg (iasnap004.jpg). Strange thing is

that you have continous connection from Miami to

Key West via US1. I guess there is problem with

how many lanes is on the road in this area. I

did not found a way to make whole route Miami-

Key West. If you need any additional info please

contact me.

gbishko
Occasional Visitor

Unfortunately I think the Trafalgar Square changes are permanent, at least while we have Ken in charge!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

If it's a permanent closure, then it should be added, but bear in mind that checking and making mapping amendments to the whole country takes a huge amount of time, Mapping data may not be updated for another year or up to a year by the time we see it filtering down into the products we're using.
gbishko
Occasional Visitor

I'm sure this will apply to all systems on the market but it raises a question of when we could expect an update for this kind of major road reorganisation.

Trafalgar Square is being totally changed by closing the northern side to traffic. How long before any of the map makers include this? It completely changes finding your way round a chunk of London and makes one of the most complicated road junctions in the UK (world?) even harder to negotiate.

graeme

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: