Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - connecting a bluetooth GPS and a Blutooth phone for GPRS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

connecting a bluetooth GPS and a Blutooth phone for GPRS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: connecting a bluetooth GPS and a Blutooth phone for GPRS Reply with quote

I currently have an XDAII which has TomTom Navigator 5 installed and connect to a Parrot CK3300 as the Sat receiver. I have upgraded my phone to a Sony K750i and this is also paired to the parrot car kit. The phone functionality of the Sony is far superior to the XDAII with the car kit however I can not connect the XDAII to use the GPS of the CK3300 and at the same time connect to the internet through the Sony to get traffic.
All devices connect to each other fine and individually but as soon as the GPS is connected the XDAII can not contact the Sony via bluetooth - it's as if it knocks it out.

I have the XDAII paired with only a serial port connection to the car kit and the XDAII is paired to the Sony with neither headset or serial profile - it works fine untill the GPS is active; any suggestions/fixes.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find that whilst the CK3300 can be paired with up to 5 phones it will actually only allow one connection to one phone at a time.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Maverickuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
I think you will find that whilst the CK3300 can be paired with up to 5 phones it will actually only allow one connection to one phone at a time.

My nokia car kit is exactly like this, it can be paired to 7 phones (remembers them) but can only handle being paired to one, physically in the car at a time.

Cheers

Mav
sashdown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You find that most bluetooth pairings will only allow one active connection at any one time. I am using the K750i with the TomTom it will only run the TomTom connection and not a BT headset at the same time. I believe this is a bluetooth protocol limitation right now. Which of course may ultimately change.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket PC will allow multiple BT connections at the same time, but AFAIK only for different types of connections, or services. Handsfree phone kits normally use the hands free service - so you can only have one of those at a time. However my Ipaq opens up two BT connections to my Parrot CK3300 at one time. One for the phone (using handsfree service) and one for the sat nav receiver (using serial port service I think)
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: