Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update on the CP6 patch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on the CP6 patch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Update on the CP6 patch Reply with quote

Just FYI, I recieved an email this morning acknowledging a fix for the ETA bug I reported a few weeks ago. The email stated that a patch would be available within the next month, which is good news.

If anyone else has any bug reports, I would recommend you submit them ia the ALK website.
SupraCoPilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: CP 6 Patch Reply with quote

I received one from ALK Customer Support on 16 Jan saying that they were working on it and a patch would be made available as soon as possible. Almost a month later and still nothing, that's not my idea of customer support. Evil or Very Mad

Garmin Nuvi 255WT
Mio 168
CoPilot 6.0.4.110
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34684
H_O_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is related, but I (finally) got a replacement copy of CoPilot 6 for my XDA mini S working last week and it has some improvements over the previous version I had (from T-mobile). I was told that this was a new batch that the supplier had JUST got in stock.

The version number says 6.0.0.68 and the bug with CoPilot not saving Advanced routing settings appears to be fixed (though there are some oddities with the display of the profiles).

The ETA does seem to still be "out", but now at least I can set the road speeds to the minimum allowed and the ETAs aren't quite so optomistic any more! Wink Anyhow, it seems to work better than the previous version I had (just wish I'd made a note of the version number). To be fair, the ETAs are only a couple of minutes more optomistic than my existing in-car Sat Nav (which is pretty accurate) so it works good enough for ME! Smile
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems strange still to be issuing v.6.0.0.68 when there are newer versions already out here, as discussed on the following thread:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34629
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
H_O_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it sounds like I've actually "downgraded", but it STILL works better for me that the previous version I had! :D

(I'll still look out for news of patches though)
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H_O_D writes:

Quote:
sounds like I've actually "downgraded",

I don't think you said what version you had before, so I don't know if you have downgraded. The point I was making was general, rather than in the context of your situation.

Apart from any other reason for questioning why these newer versions are not more generally available, some bugs reported for 6.0.0.68 are not in 6.0.0.77, or 6.0.0.79, according to those who have it.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 1st February, GregW wrote:

Quote:
[ALK (presumably]... stated that a patch would be available within the next month...

That means by the end of today.

Users are already quoting ALK's promise of map revisions by given dates. Also, this is the second date quoted for the patch, and the first, 15th December came and went without explanation. So if these dates are to be taken seriously, a significant patch does need to appear today.
lynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep ... I was originally given the 15 Dec date and as you say it came and went ... I have called them about once a month for an update .... it always seems to be right around the corner but never appears. I talked to them just several day ago and once again they indicated the they were working on one but no date given this time.... really frustrating to see a potentially good product being hurt in this way.

LynnK Crying or Very sad
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynnk wrote:
really frustrating to see a potentially good product being hurt in this way.

If you choose to stick with ALK's products then it a feeling you will have to get used to Lynn.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK patch really is taking a long time, especially since the US one has been out for ages.

I have tried the patch from the US site, but I have had far too many problems with it running out of memory and crashing, or having corrupted warning displays for it to be of any practical use.

I really am starting to wonder what is going on, because in all my experience in software development, I have never known it take so long for the first patch to be issued - just look at the frequency of the initial patch releases for TomTom 5.

I am even starting to wonder if the EU application is terminally broken, and ALK have given up on it and are now working on getting it fixed for version 7 (the EU and US versions do not have the same map provider - could this be part of the problem?).
tivoboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: didn't even know Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't even know the US patch was out, I have been having this intersection bug which is annoying.

But indeed, it was release in March, 21, 2006. Nearly THREE weeks ago. I wonder why there is no UK version.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil01 writes:

Quote:
I am even starting to wonder if ... ALK have given up... and are now working on getting it fixed for version 7...

It's not difficult to think that way given the experience with CP 5. Based on that same experience, and the US patch, dare one speculate as to how much will really be achieved come CP 7?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:
The UK patch really is taking a long time, especially since the US one has been out for ages.

The most recent patch I can find on the US site is 6.0.1.22, which we have also had in the UK for some time

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:

The most recent patch I can find on the US site is 6.0.1.22, which we have also had in the UK for some time

Robin

I have just looked again, and still can't find any trace of any non-US patches for CoPilot 6. Could you provide a link to the patch's location, so that I can try it out, because the one downloaded from ALK's US site was far too unstable when I tried it. (Not suprising really when you consider that we have been warned in the past not to use US patches on UK installations)

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: